Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for MTN Nigeria Recruitment for General Manager. The Application deadline is 17th January 2019.
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, their brand is instantly recognisable. It is through their compelling brand that they are able to attract the right talents who they carefully nurture by continuously improving their employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title: General Manager, Internal Audit and Fraud
- Accountable for the leadership, governance and management of MTNN’s Internal Audit and Fraud Services function.
- Provide independent assurance on the internal control environment of MTNN through the implementation of MTN Group Internal Audit and Fraud Risk Management Methodologies, systems, tools and best practices.
- Drive increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that Processes are aligned to achieve all elements on the business scorecard. (E.g. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Analyse all costs associated to risk non-compliance, maintenance and prevention
- Ensure risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organisation’s previous handling of risks
- At the relevant levels, review complaints, concerns, or questions relative to internal audit and forensic issues and provide consultative leadership and support to MTNN as appropriate.
- Assist with regional (i.e. outside MTNN) audit and forensic activities where required.
- Improve MTNN’s Net Promoters Score
- Lead and/or support specific audits to investigate adherence with policies, procedures, and legal/regulatory requirements to identify and evaluate exposures and to correct defective processes
- Respond and effectively manage fraud, bribery and misconduct related investigations in line with the Group Fraud Policies and ensure remedial actions and taken regarding recoveries, control remediation and employee sanctioning.
- Adhere to Group escalation and incident management principles regarding forensic and internal audit findings
- Provide effective leadership, advice and consult on matters of internal audit & forensics.
- Lead the effective implementation of an Internal Audit and Fraud Risk Management charter, policy and strategy as informed by the MTN Group Internal Audit and Forensics charter, methodology and systems.
- Establish a well-staffed and competent Internal Audit & Fraud team to service MTNN’s assurance requirements in consultation with Group Internal Audit and Forensics.
- Ensure utilisation of the Group mandated GRC tools and systems and source ancillary supplementary tools as approved by Group.
- Perform special audits on an ad-hoc basis as required by regulators, business line management, the Group or MTNN Audit Committees
- Evaluate the MTNN’s Risk Management and Governance processes and report to the Group Chief Internal Auditor on the effectiveness of these
- Implement Group and MTNN’s wide fraud prevention strategies including the formalising a proactive fraud prevention plan in line with guidance provided by the Group function
- Adhere to the system of management reporting requirements that provides timely and relevant information on all aspects of internal audit and forensics issues to MTNN management and MTNN Audit and Risk Committee and the Group Internal Audit and Forensic function.
- Complete and timely report, on a quarterly basis the internal audit & Fraud report and recommendations for the Group Internal Audit and Forensic function as well as the Audit and Risk Committee to assess MTNN’s financial controls and general state of the control environment, through adherence to Group Mandated templates and reporting criterion.
- Ensure the implementation of efficient processes for documenting all audit-related initiatives and activities in line with the guidance provided by the Group function
- Implement and adhere to the Group Internal Audit and Forensic Quality Assurance Program
- Implement a learning and development program in line with Group requirements
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of the team, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and mentor the team members to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Provide leadership and direction, leading the team to deliver on respective business targets and improve overall performance of the department.
- Oversee the development and performance of direct reports against key performance indicators
- Ensure Executive management and line managers achieve clarity around resourcing, succession planning and capability development necessary for the attainment of company goals.
- Conduct necessary supervision and quality assurance procedures in accordance with MTNN’s Internal Audit policies, procedures and methodology manuals
- To influence and lead the company in risk management and controls
- Lead annual performance management activities such as performance planning/target setting, performance monitoring and periodic performance appraisals)
- Formulate Strategy for board consideration
- Participate in external forums as MTN Leadership representative.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Travel required.
- BA, BSc, BEng, BTech or HND.
- First degree in Accounting/Economics/Finance or any other related discipline
- Chartered Accountant preferred
- Professional Internal Audit qualification such as CIA and ACFE preferred
- English, French and Arabic (as advantage)
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience
- Senior Management/C-suite Experience
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in internal audit and forensics
- Minimum 8 years in telecommunications industry
- Work across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Industry recognition and Technology publication.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Risk Analyst (CRA)
- Certification in Risk Management
- Assurance (CRMA)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM)
- Certified in Risk and Information
- Systems Control (CRISC).
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline 17th January, 2019.