Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Recruitment for Paediatrician.
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Paediatrician – Malaria Peak Season
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Applying medical knowledge and skills to prevention, diagnosis and treatment of children, ensuring integrated new-born and paediatric care through Emergency, OPD, and IPD services in New-borns and cases of malnutrition. Prescribing the necessary treatment, respecting MSF protocols.
- Collaborating closely with the different department of the hospital (e.g. Maternity), Knowing and ensuring all updated MSF medical protocols and universal precautions are followed and implemented, reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.
- As an expert in paediatrics, proposing strategy (modification on current new-born and paediatric care management) and implementing them after validation of Operation and Paediatric Advisor.
- Ensuring on-going new-born and paediatric training (formal and bedside) of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the new-born and paediatric quality of care. Reviewing and discussing selected complicated cases or mistakes and giving technical input.
- Monitoring the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material and addresses the list of the missing item for new-born and paediatric activities. Providing inputs about general organization of the different paediatric wards, including the admission, transfer and discharge criteria.
- Checking and controlling the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and taking care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assuring general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Keeping patients and their families informed of the illness and the treatment to follow, checking that they have been understood. Ensuring professional autonomy and confidentiality are respected and a good attitude and proper bedside manner towards the patient and their care takers and the rest of the medical team.
- Following up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Medical Doctor Diploma & Pediatrics qualification. (Consultant Pediatrician)
- 3 years experience working as Pediatrician
- Preferred, experience in Pediatric ICU
- Language used & desirable: Kanuri – Hausa – English
- Work Location: Maiduguri – Gwange Hospital
- Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required. Start ASAP.
- Monthly Gross salary of N960,000 plus 13th-month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their CV, qualifications and a Cover Letter with contact details to the MSF Administration Office by email: msff-abuja-
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the deadline
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse to hire of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
Application Deadline 5th July 2020.