Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Medecins Sans Frontieres Recruitment for Midwife Supervisor.
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Midwife Supervisor (Nigerian Nationals – Local Position)
Location: Ngala, Borno
Place of Recruitment: Gambaru
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supervising the clinical activities and guaranteeing the quality of midwifery care in the department, according to MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a high quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population:
- Supervising, supporting and evaluating the team under his/her responsibility particularly midwives, midwife assistants and other related staff in her team such as Hygiene agents. Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc) and coaching them in their work with a special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Ensuring teamwork and a professional relationship between maternity and other departments.
- Being responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock and consumption monitoring) as well as maintenance of the medical equipment
- Being responsible for ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patientsТ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department.
- In certain contexts, being responsible for ensuring that the maternity staff is able to identify, receive and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the Obs & Gyne MD and following the protocols
- Supervising the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaising with the Medical Doctor about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours, etc.
- Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements and follows at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree in Nursing & Midwifery or Diploma in Midwifery
- Valid license for midwifery
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGOТs
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Or send your application with your name and the position stated boldly on your envelope as “Midwife Supervisor – Ngala” to:
MSF Switzerland Office in Gambaru,
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and a copy of Nigerian Identification Card
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference
Application Deadline 30th June 2020.