The goal of this scholarship, besides fostering interaction between Arab and European students, is to provide the means for students seeking to broaden their own horizons. In keeping with the foundation’s mission, all areas of study are eligible for the grant. The scholarship is designed for dynamic students with an interest in fostering the formation of ties between these two regions.
Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship
- The maximum amount of an MSR scholarship is €15,000
Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship Eligibility
- Open to Arab students who have been accepted into a Masters or a Ph.D program in the Netherlands and to Dutch students who have been accepted into a Masters or a Ph.D program in the Arab World;
- Candidates who are Arab students should be inhabitants of a country in the Arab world and (this includes all nationals from North African and Middle Eastern member countries of the Arab League). Candidates who are Dutch students should have a Dutch nationality.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of English and/or of the language of study if that is not English is necessary.
- Academic excellence
- Personal growth: Assessing the contribution the proposed field of study would have on the applicant’s continued academic and professional development and/or its potential for impact in the local context.
- Strong motivation in line with the ideals of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation’s goal of promoting Euro-Arab dialogue and understanding
- Financial need
How to Apply for Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship
Application requires the following documents
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English);
- Curriculum Vitae (in English);
- Copy of passport plus an additional current passport photo in colour;
- Copies of degrees or diplomas (with English translation) including the results obtained by the student in each individual examination at their higher education institution;
- Appropriately signed references from two academic referees;
- Letter of invitation from Host Institution;
- A detailed official course description from the University which the student intends to pursue clearly indicating his/her choice of institution is required (in English). Please note that the student would need to contact the institution of his/her choice prior to applying for the scholarship to ensure that the course he/she requires is on offer;
- Budget: please be thorough in completing you budget as this information will be given high priority in the selection of scholarship recipient; total income available to the scholar should be carefully estimated (including whether the scholar has applied to other scholarship funds) as well as necessary expenses to be incurred during the academic year covered by the application; the budget should indicate how the remainder of the costs will be funded, including the costs for the second year of study if the study is a two year programme; the maximum amount that may be awarded is € 15,000 for an academic year.
For more information, visit MSR Scholarship.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2019