Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Liaison Officer Job at Medecins du Monde. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
About Medecins du Monde
Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Abuja Liaison Officer
Starting date: ASAP
- Assists all MDM departments with State level representation and actively engage with ministries on bureaucratic processes to assist MDM mission to properly obtain and maintain legal status for operating in Nigeria.
- Immigration responsibilities such as Visa Extension, VOA and maintaining formal relationship with the Immigration Authorities.
- Follow up on documents in Abuja with Government and private organizations such as NAFDAC waivers, PPPRA Documents, Temporal Registration permits etc.
- Keep informed the Gen Co and the Admin coordinator of any modifications and information in the procedures and the legal context, guidelines
- Create and keep up to date filing / archiving and documentation system
- Post recruitment announcement in relevant places in capital on request of HRCo when needed and ensure CV collecting in respect of procedures.
- Help HR in organizing recruitment of candidates in Abuja (convocations).
- Ensure the proper running of the office / flat in Abuja, including paying bills.
- Meetings in Abuja with INGO Forums, Ministry of Budget and Planning, transport company in Abuja and the Hotel Management on request of the General Coordinator.
- Liaising on behalf of MDM with both Government and private organizations based on instructions given by General Coordinator.
- Meeting with ministry of health and primary health care development agency on request of the MedCo.
- Organized on request appointments for coordinators with officials.
- Participate to MDM coordination meetings on request.
- Provides briefing about security situation and specific rules for Abuja to all new expat arriving.
- Ensure proper update and delivery of constant companion cards for all new international staff arriving.
- Establish and maintain informal relations and a network of contacts permitting the collection of information linked to context and security specifically for Abuja and keep informed the GenCo.
- Ensure security of the MDM office / flat in Abuja.
- Ensure drivers from company respect MDM rules.
- Organize the transit of all expats from abroad and from the field.
- Organize and supervise the car needs and movements in capital.
- Responsible for all incoming and visiting expats movement arrangements and to act as the focal point, whilst adhering to the security framework of the mission
- Prepare the minutes of all meetings the he attends and send them to the General Coordinator.
- Participate to the sitrep (Abuja office related information) as well as different reports on the missions and send them to the GenCo.
- Update regularly the contact database for Abuja and share it with the GenCo on a monthly base.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a two page curriculum vitae, three work-related references and one page cover letter, in one document – MS Word or PDF explaining how their skills and experience match the job requirements stated above, writing the job title and their name in the subject line to:
- Only applications by email will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
- Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Application Closing Date
29th December 2017.