Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 KPMG Nigeria Fresh Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services are the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organizations within the Nigerian business community. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Senior Manager / Experienced Manager, Deal Advisory
- The successful candidate will be required to lead Deal Advisory projects by managing engagement deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Key responsibilities include deal origination, conducting independent business reviews and working on complex restructuring engagements in all industry sectors.
- Additionally, the individual will be expected to assist with business development by developing industry research, thought leaderships, proposals, presentations, reports and effective business networking.
- Identification of key issues and carrying out the relevant financial analysis
- Undertaking large engagements, reporting to Partner, with their limited supervision
- Preparation of good TS reports, including review of sections compiled by other team members on the job
- Management of and contribution to the development of junior staff, including timely and objective feedback on every job
- Establishing credibility with clients/targets as a representative of KPMG Deal Advisory team
- Maintaining business contacts at middle/senior levels (i.e. the manager is expected to make a positive commitment to maintaining contact with people they meet on transactions, who may become important providers of work in the future)
- Active participation in compiling industry research, thought leadership and proposal materials for business development activities
- Contribution to the effective working of the team and development of team morale
- Ensuring that risk documentation is completed for all jobs on a timely basis as per the applicable T&R technical/risk management policies
- Contribution to practice development initiative, if possible – sales, people, solution development, etc.
- Strategic planning for public and private sector organizations
- Feasibility study preparation
- Financial modeling and analysis.
- Track record of building strong relationships that result in business growth
- Track record of articulating industry research and thought leadership materials that result in business growth
- Experience in developing tailored presentations to market specific services
- Experience in developing and presenting proposals that align with client requirements.
- Managing multiple concurrent engagements with clearly defined expectations and work plans
- Providing guidance to team members to ensure successful completion of the engagements
- Tracking financial aspects of the engagements e.g. budgeted and actual costs, reasons for cost variance, etc.
- Ensuring closure of engagements with client confirmations as appropriate.
- Ensuring timely and transparent communication with clients
- Developing a clear plan to keep clients updated on the progress and key issues on engagements
- Addressing potential issues proactively to maintain strong client relationships.
- Guiding development of analytical framework as required for the engagements
- Ensuring comprehensive analysis of core and peripheral issues relevant to the engagements
- Validating data sources to ensure credibility of analysis and final deliverables
- Following a logical approach to reach robust recommendations.
- Producing clear and concise reports that follow a logical structure
- Developing client presentations that are tailored to the audience and capture the salient points of the topic presented.
- Developing financial models as required, to prepare financial projections (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, etc.)
- Reviewing financial models developed by other team members and providing feedback
- Articulating key relevant financial metrics (e.g. IRR, NPV) that are based on assumptions specific to the engagement
- Presenting financial analysis in a reader-friendly manner to highlight most important take-aways for the client.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in any discipline from a reputable institution
- An M.Sc. (Corporate Finance, Economics, Management), MBA or any of their equivalents from a leading business school
- Possession of a Certified Financial Analyst or a Professional Accountant qualification
- For Experienced Managers, a minimum of eight (8) years’ post-NYSC experience in a similar position in a leading professional services Firm (preferably a Big Four member). Deal Advisory or Transaction services experience will be an advantage
- For Senior Managers, a minimum of ten (10) years’ post-NYSC experience in a similar position in a leading professional services Firm (preferably a Big Four member). Deal Advisory or Transaction services experience will be an advantage
- High ethical standards and proven integrity
- Excellent persuasive and negotiation skills
- Strong numerate skills and good business acumen
- Good research and documentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver on multiple tasks within tight timelines in a client-driven environment
- Strong people management and project management skills
- A very strong sense of ownership with every assigned task
- Ability to work independently (without supervision)
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of IFRS will be an advantage
- Sound judgement, discretional ability and good decision-making skills
- Well-dressed, presentable and professional outlook
- Deep industry knowledge and good understanding of underlying operational issues
- Team-oriented individual with good interpersonal and relationship skills
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria or abroad for a period of time.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to Apply for this Position
Job Title: Chief Accountant (Agric Business)
Detailed Job Description
- The Chief Accountant will be responsible for the full accounting functions including revenue & cash flow forecasting, budgeting, costing, cost tracking, monitoring and controlling. As well as perform the analyzing of margins, variances and cost while ensuring timely closing of accounts and achieving overall goals and objectives of the accounts and finance department in the company and general supervision and overseeing the department.
- Ensures the timely preparation of Company’s SBU & consolidated financial statements
- Ensures financial forecasting, budgeting, costing, cost tracking, project costing, monitoring and control
- Ensures that financial incomes & spending is in line with approved monthly and yearly budgets, analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis
- Analyzes the company’s financial performance periodically and make long term financial forecasts to aid management decision making
- Recommends ways of cutting costs and improving top line to the CFO & Management
- Search and provide information for financial internal audits, admin and investigations
- Works with all departments and the management team to help make good financial analysis and decisions
- Manage and oversee the entire day to day accounting operations and finance team of the farm
- Produces monthly, Quarterly financial cash flow reports for decision making
- Advises the CFO and Management/board on matters related to finances on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Maintains compliance with the local, state, federal government regulatory agencies at all time
- Establishes and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns
- Works consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives and requirements
- Upholds and maintains excellent finance reputation of the firm to internal and external Supplies, Clients and Customers
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by the CFO, Management & Board
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A HND or University degree in Accounting/Accountancy. Post graduate degree (MBA, MSC) an added advantage
- Possession of relevant Professional Qualification e.g. ICAN, ACCA, NIT etc.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience with Sound knowledge of Accounting, audit & Investigations
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Tally ERP etc.
- Ability to communicate – written & oral skills
- Ability to be numerical, strategic & analytical skills
- Ability for auditing, costing, detailing & accuracy skills
- Demonstrable Initiative, foresight, independence & meticulous
- Professionalism & Sound business knowledge
- Team spirit & Player
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to Apply for this Position