Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Kloverharris Limited Recruitment for Operation Manager. The application deadline is 18th January 2019.
Kloverharris Limited is an indigenous Human resource/IT Consulting company that provides high quality services to businesses across Africa. They pride ourselves in how well we assist organizations overcome challenges that bother on optimal performance by proffering a wide array of solutions through the use of deep IT expertise, industry- wide expertise and highly proficient tools. .
Job Title: Operation Manager (Car Rentals)
- Achieve and/or exceed financial targets as related to revenue growth and profitability
- Ensure adequate insurance and/or security measures are taken prior to the rental of a vehicle and that outstanding monies are collected at the completion of each rental Agreement
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures
- Accomplish operations and organisational mission by completing related procedures as needed to run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
- Follow set standards and procedures in the event of rental transactions involving incidents such as accidents, complaints and breakdowns. In particular, ensure all damage to vehicles are reported, excess collected, and Accident Report Forms completed and sent to management.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at departmental meetings
- Ensure efficient utilisation of inventory, purchase the right equipment, maintain solid inventory data and reduce expenses
- Work with the fleet manager to ensure adequate supply of drivers and vehicles
- Make certain that policies and procedures are uniformly maintained across the corporate network
- Communicate promptly with management regarding any queries and problems that may arise from business operations
- Serve as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints to encourage return of business
- Work closely with management to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and follow through with implementation
- Maintain high standards of vehicle presentation and safety
- Ensure that any vehicle not of immaculate standard is cleaned, serviced and/or repaired immediately.
- HND or BSc Degree in any discipline
- Minimum 7 years of experience in relevant position
- Excellent attitude and customer service skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to:
Application Deadline: 18th January, 2019.