Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Jumia Nigeria Recruitment for Senior PHP Developer. The application deadline is 30th June 2019..
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC. It was founded in 2012. Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery, and others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior PHP Developer
Job type: Full-time
- As a Senior PHP Developer, you will be part of an agile team that develops smart logistics solutions on a service-oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies.
In particular, you will:
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Backend developers, DevOps, QA engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Work across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, support
- Write module, well-organized code.
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in web development with Object Oriented Programming
- Excellent knowledge of PHP5 or other OOP language
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks (Zend Framework, Yii, Symfony2 or similar)
- Clear understanding of the Internet Protocol Suite
- Experienced in Version Control technologies (GIT, SVN)
- Aware of Performance and Security topics on web development
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
- Proficient with MySQL or another leading RDBMS
- Experienced in web server-side and client-side technologies
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 30th June 2019.