Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Jumia Nigeria Recruitment for Accounts Receivable Manager. The application deadline is 30th August 2019.
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC. It was founded in 2012. Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery, and others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Manager
Job type: Full Time
Department: Finance – Finance Operations – Accounting
- As the Finance Mananger, you will be responsible for managing comprehensive general accounting, management accounting and reporting.
- Also, you will drive standardization, ensuring financial outputs and service delivery are not only maintained to a high standard but improved, to increase efficiency within the team and forge strong working relationships across the organization.
- Manage accounts receivable and cash application functions to ensure timely and accurate recording, collection, reconciliation and reporting of accounts receivable
- Work closely with Commercial, Sales, Operations management and inventory control to ensure discrepancies and payment delinquencies are resolved on a timely basis.
- Identify process inefficiencies and recommend remediation to strengthen control environment in financial and operational areas through the use of system automation and relevant tools
- Reconcile general ledger accounts related to accounts receivable.
- Cashflow forecasting periodically on regular basis based customer insight as well as business information.
- Updating of Cashflow forecast in ERP and weekly update to Treasury team
- Close monitoring of Account Receivables, Unbilled AR, Deferred Revenue, Provision for doubtful debts, Advances from customer and customer financing so that active control could be set on working capital numbers of Jumia
- Work with Ops vendors to ensure timely execution and accurate reporting
- Set up risk management policies, procedures, and parameters; responsible for staff training and communication; audit on a regular basis to ensure compliance
- Develop relationships with management to gain a deep understanding of the business and identify opportunities to influence business decisions
- Lead the implementation of new finance related projects
- Oversee effective reconciliation of partner balance between Operations systems and Accounting systems
- Design new processes and controls for growing business activities.
- Advice to the Treasury & Credit manager on payment terms and credit limits for (new) customers.
- Partner with cross functional teams to share best practices and improve communication and procedures
- Track account transactions and resolution of issues. Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external business partners
- Continue team’s strong track record of achieving collection metrics
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key strategic business decisions
- Lead settlements and clearance of financial transactions
- Effectively partner with finance partners to design user-friendly reports to meet the needs of the business and enable greater business insight and more effective analysis and decision support
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 5+ years of leadership experience, managing finance, accounting, and operational processes
- Experience of analyzing large volumes of data
- Expertise in SQL, PowerPivot & Excel
- Ability to communicate data-based decisions to individual contributors as well as leadership. You can articulate clearly and defend your decision-making processes.
- Proven ability to influence finance and non-finance teams through a mixed set of finance skills (commercial finance, accounting, FP&A, audit, operations)
- Must have strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills; with the ability to work with cross functional teams and senior management
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: