Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Jumia Food Recruitment for Head of Commercial. The application deadline is 30th August 2019.
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC. It was founded in 2012. Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery, and others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Commercial
- Jumia Food is an online food ordering site that allows consumers to conveniently order meals of their choice from their preferred restaurants, and have them delivered straight to their home / office.
In particular, you will be responsible for:
- Create and execute Jumia Food’s Nigeria commercial strategy to achieve Jumia Food’s long-term vision and near-term goals.
- Play a key role in hiring and developing inspirational account managers in Nigeria
- Provide exceptional, inspirational leadership and support the Managing Director across Nigeria in collaboration with the Head of Operations and the Head of Marketing.
- Build, support and lead the Nigerian commercial team to further achieve Jumia Food’s long-term commercial goals.
- Ensure that Jumia Food has a sustainable and growth minded business plan and strong, entrepreneurial teams to execute and drive growth.
- Co-create and drive to Jumia Food’s commercial strategy to hit and exceed Jumia Food’s customer acquisition, sales, revenue, loyalty & EBITDA targets/projections with the Managing Director.
- Identify new markets, implement pilots for market assessment and commercially launch Jumia Food Nigeria’s businesses in new markets.
- Support commercialisation of new product lines across multiple cities.
- Drive Jumia Food’s market expansion strategy and execution.
- Provide support for account managers.
- 5+ years of B2C commercial experience in Nigeria, mass market and/or last mile commercial or customer service experience desired
- 5+ years of Leadership Experience: Experience building, inspiring, leading strong teams
- Entrepreneurial experience and mindset; demonstrated entrepreneurial experience or intrapreneurial experience inside of a larger company
- Highly organized and able to follow through and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Demonstrated passion for our mission, values and customers
- Experience working in more than 1 African market.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills; ability to work with large amounts of data to develop a strategy and make rigorous decisions
- Proven experience as a collaborative, hands-on team player and eagerness to learn new tools and/or roll-up sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to build strategic plans and execute against them.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African eCommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply