Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Job Vacancy HR/Admin. The application deadline is 17th August 2018.
About Norwegian Church Aid
Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
Job Title: HR/Admin Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno and some travels to the south and field locations.
Comment: 6 months with a possibility of extension.
Department / division / team: HR
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Advisor
General Office Administration:
- Manage the casual workers, security guards, cleaners, and any other support staff
- Maintain an up-to-date registry of fixed assets closely with procurement/supply chain officer.
- Ensure that the office remains well supplied with consumables, drinking water, office stationery, bathroom items etc.
- Carry out all administration functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Manage all paper-based correspondence coming in and out of the office
- Design systems to ensure effective use of office resources in particular office vehicles, generator, furniture, IT equipment, software and monitor accordingly.
- Manage key relationships with service providers for insurance, pension, internet, telephone, electricity, water, security, IT management.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their contractual obligations with respect to NCA policies and staff/ACT code of conduct.
- Facilitate the onboarding of national staff
- Ensure guesthouses/hotels are booked for staff in approved NCA listed suppliers
- Participate in the recruitment process of national staff as required by senior management.
- Ensure all staff leave records are monitored and kept up-to-date, including records for annual leave, sick leave, and time off at work.
- With the finance team, be responsible for the operation of payroll for all national staff and ensure compliance with the Nigerian tax legislation and Social Security and pension related.
- Full understanding of Nigerian policies and laws
- Ensure that recruitment procedures are understood and observed.
- Ensure all national staff personal information concerning employees is kept according to Nigerian data protection law.
- Ensure that all expat staff have the necessary visas, permissions, and work permits to reside and work in Nigeria and that these remain valid and up-to-date. this include renewal
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, including relevant staff working for the NCA.
- Previous experience managing a team and payroll system.
- GOOD skills with experience of operating computer management systems. Competent to advanced level in Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness and ability to take the initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to travel and stay in remote areas as required.
- Proven experience in HR and administrative functions
- At least B.Sc. in Business Administration, Human Resources, Administration, Public Admin and other relevant qualifications
- Two years’ minimum continued experience in similar position
- Good knowledge of relevant Nigerian legislation governing International NGOs
- Fluency in English, additional fluency in other local languages an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff within the Trust and key stakeholders externally.
How to Apply For Norwergian Church Aid
Interested and qualified Applicants should send their Applications/CV to:
Please address all Applications to:
The Recruitment Team,
Norwegian Church Aid,
14 NTA Quarters,
Application Deadline: 17th August, 2018.