About Girl Effect
Girl Effect, is an organisation working to break the cycle of inter-generational poverty. We do this by investing in programmes for girls, connecting girls to each other to amplify their voices, and brokering access to the critical assets girls need. We drive behaviour change by harnessing media in innovative ways and building social networks to shift girls perceptions of themselves and how others value them.
Job Title: Assistant Research Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Context of Role
- The Assistant Research Manager will work closely with Girl Effect’s Abuja-based Senior Evidence Manager as well as Evidence colleagues based in Nigeria and at Girl Effect London office to design and deliver research that is fit-for-purpose, timely and meeting the highest technical and ethical standards. Girl Effect utilizes a range of methodologies, including a bespoke mobile-enabled peer research network of girls – TEGA – which the Specialist will be encouraged and supported to leverage for right-fit research delivery.
- From design through to dissemination, all research within Girl Effect requires cross-functional working with colleagues across Gender, Brand, Digital and Fund Mobilization teams.
- The role might require occasional international travel.
- Girl Effect Nigeria is looking for a brilliant qualitative researcher/analyst, the Assistant Research Manager will support design and implementation of girl-centered, innovative and robust approaches to research within Girl Effect, designing insights-driven girl-centred research on subjects including social and gender norms, education, SRH, HIV, GBV, Media etc.
- They will project manage and take technical oversight of formative, creative, monitoring and evaluative research that supports a range of Girl Effect products and external research.
- These products include the global online platform Springster and Girls Connect, a first-of-its-kind mobile platform that enables girls to explore and express their curiosities about growing up and a new youth brand in Nigeria.
What You Will Do:
- Actively contribute to sharing and learning across the Evidence and Insight global team through accessible and engaging research reporting and presentation, participation in research uptake workshops and acting as an approachable and reliable contact for colleagues across Girl Effect when evidence queries arise
- Produce engaging case studies, research briefings, reports and other knowledge products for external dissemination
- Participate in all strategic and programme planning and related activities of the Girl Effect Nigeria team.
- Design and deliver TEGA research including for internal and external clients including formative, monitoring and evaluation and creative testing.
- Create youth-friendly survey tools, integrate girl feedback and conduct qualitative data analysis to produce reports with clear and actionable insights and recommendations for Girl Effect and its partners
- Work closely with Gender, Brand, Digital and Girl Networks teams to ensure that research is respectful, youth-friendly, and appropriate for different cultural and social contexts
- Provide technical support to research implementation, ensuring that methods, tools, ethical and safeguarding standards, and field implementation meet high standards.
- Support the Senior Manager, Evidence in driving innovation and quality in evidence and insight generation, through continual reflection on and contribution to strengthening research design and implementation – with particular focus on the Girl Effect’s TEGA methodology
Girl Effect Requirements
- You should have experience working remotely with colleagues and/or field agencies and ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
- You must be creative and possess an inquisitive mindset
- You must have strong communication and organisational skills
- You will show commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect.
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology or other Social Science. Postgraduate highly desirable.
- You must have gained full-time experience in social or commercial research, with a focus on qualitative research design and analysis
- You should have demonstrable skills in producing high quality, innovative and engaging research presentations and briefings for diverse audiences
- You’must have a strong cultural awareness and sensitivity about the cultures within which Girl Effect operates.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified Applicants should to apply.