Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Jagal Group Recruitment for Head of Group Treasury.
Jagal Group is a Nigerian conglomerate holding that operates leading energy businesses and manages a diverse portfolio of investments. By cultivating leadership and developing a culture of excellence, Jagal is dedicated to empowering people and building strategic partnerships that aim to achieve sustainable growth for the advancement of the Nigerian community.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Head of Group Treasury
- To provide appropriate liquidity management across the Jagal Group, manage existing facilities and identify necessary financial instruments to meet future financing needs
- To manage and lead on the external and internal treasury relationships
- Work closely with GCFO and Head of Financial Planning to ensure the effectiveness of cash flow planning and management
- To ensure proper governance and group-wide adherence and compliance to Treasury Policies
Key Aims and Objectives
- To ensure all business units in the group has adequate liquidity in place, at the right time and on cost-effective terms.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Financing activity for the group – Establishing and renewing adequate financing for the Jagal group.
- Renew and raising new debt
- Restructure all current facilities with moratorium where applicable.
- Support the GCFO with new funding strategy
- Participate in weekly cash flow reviews at HQ and business units to understand impact on facilities and the need for new financing
Cost of Funding:
- Complete forensic audit review of all bank charges and seek recovery where overcharging has occurred
- Review all new financial documents, financial covenants prior to signing by the JEC and negotiate all pricing
- Review and monitor all bank charges, interest, and fees across the business (in conjunction with the finance leads)
- Prepare weekly report and insights on latest bank status – publish monthly to JEC
- Accessing counterparty risk – through regular assessment of credit risk profile of the companies or financial institutions.
- Issue and update Group Treasury Policy as required
- Drive compliance of the treasury policy in conjunction with the respective business unit finance leads.
- Review and update the value of the Security trust as required
- Bank account management -Opening new accounts and closing bank accounts with key relationship banks.
- Build and maintain a relevant senior /middle level banking relationship with the banks.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and insight on all liquidity matters including Lenders, national, regional and global market rates, finance and trade solutions etc.
- Electronic banking – ensure all business adopt on-line systems
- Investing surplus cash – call deposit, short term deposit and treasury bills.
- Monitoring of facilities across the group, compliance with the terms of the facilities etc.
- Conduct sale and purchase of US$ – jointly with the business units.
- 10 years of banking experience and Head of Treasury in a commercial environment
- ACT – Association of Corporate Treasurers (desirable)
- Deep knowledge of CBN and other relevant regulations and guidelines
- Strong technical awareness, knowledge of cash management principles
- Proficient in reviewing and assessing cash flow plans and statements
- Understanding of FX transaction and translation implications
- Strong business acumen with the ability to take a strategic viewpoint but with high attention to detail
- Good leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed up
- High sense of integrity and comfortable working with executive management
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator (verbal and written)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: