Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for International Vocational Technical and Entrepreneurship College Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
About International Vocational Technical and Entrepreneurship College
The International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC) is a charitable non-governmental educational institution with a vision to promote inclusive human capital development within the context of evolving national (Nigerian) needs and global competitiveness.
IVTEC is a pioneering technical and vocational education model initiated by the Kwara State Government (KWSG). KWSG provided the initial funding and partnered with worldrenowned City & Guilds International for the design and construction of campus facilities, acquisition of training equipment and general administrative structure. As an NGO, the organizational and financial structure of IVTEC allows for an array of partnerships and collaborations with individuals, business and industry from within and outside Nigeria to ensure its future financial sustainability.
We are seeking individuals with uncommon dedication who are highachieving, highly dynamic and innovative with proven target driven orientation to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Director of Admissions and Student Life
Location: Ajase-Ipo, Kwara
Reporting to: The Registrar
About the Role
- The Director of Admissions is key in attracting and retaining students to the college by directing admissions strategies and assisting students with the development and evaluation of an educational plan.
- S/he maintains and provides accurate program and course information for new and returning students seeking certificates, diplomas, and degrees, provides information on all aspects of new student orientation, placement test interpretation, advising services, and career identification and selection.
- The Director also assists students in determining their major course of study by offering resources for self-exploration related to careers; interprets career assessment results and guides students in researching employment trends and gathering information related to careers of interest.
- S/he is key in ensuring student’s success and welfare while on campus.
Key Performance Areas
- Establishes admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies.
- Evaluate incoming transcripts and track completed courses to ensure students are guided to appropriate courses.
- Refer students to print and web-based resources related to career information.
- Make students aware of campus and community resources, including online student services and academic support services.
- Provide students with information related to resume writing, interviewing skills, and general job search strategies.
- Develops admissions financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary and human resources.
- Maintaining continuing flow of quality applicants and transfers to the college by analyzing trends in enrollment and marketing activities.
- Leading activities to continue programs that are effective.
- Helping to modify programs; presenting strategies for the college’s recruitment and admission activities.
- Collaborate as a team member on delivery of career services, student retention initiatives, job fairs, transfer fairs, orientations, and Student Success workshops as needed.
- Administer and interpret career interest/ability instruments, review, interpret, and evaluate applicant test scores and other information to determine course placement.
- Collect data and participate in the assessment of services as requested by the Rector.
- Works collaboratively with instructional departments to provide appropriate academic advising and career exploration services for new and continuing students.
- Track students’ success rate and proffer ideas to achieve higher success rates.
- Monitor student’s welfare especially on campus and review reported health cases at the clinic periodically.
- Demonstrate and model the College’s core values
- Provide Other duties as assigned by Rector.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Education, Higher Education Administration, Counselling, Social Sciences or related field. Other Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of the Vocational and Technical Education and understanding of the philosophy and mission.
- Candidates with experience within higher education in a fast paced, diverse student program environment may have an added advantage.
- Years in career: 7-10
- Knowledge of academic advising and student success initiatives.
- Ability to utilize data to assess practices and effectiveness of programs.
- Knowledge of current and emergent practices in higher education, particularly Vocational and Technical Education, which facilitate student success.
- Experience working with diverse students, including students from underrepresented populations, and adults transitioning from careers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Must have strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge, good judgment, and the willingness to support and enforce college policy and procedures and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment, using good judgment, analytical skills, and problem solving skills while upholding college procedures and policies and promoting teamwork within the organization.
- Computer skills including college related software and email. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with integrating online and web-based tools which support academic advising and college retention efforts, while understanding the challenges that students face with technology.
- Ability to adapt in a changing workplace environment that is focused on student retention and success.
- Distinct personal skills required are intuition, friendliness, approachability and a willingness to help.
Reporting To: The Rector
- IVTEC is a pioneering technical and vocational education model initiated by the Kwara State Government (KWSG). KWSG provided the initial funding and partnered with worldrenowned City & Guilds International for the design and construction of campus facilities, acquisition of training equipment and general administrative structure. As an NGO, the organizational and financial structure of IVTEC allows for an array of partnerships and collaborations with individuals, business and industry from within and outside Nigeria to ensure its future financial sustainability.
- IVTEC has commenced operations with the first set of instructional programs in Automotive, Building/Construction, Welding, Electrical, and HVAC trades.
- Consequently, the IVTEC is seeking individuals with uncommon dedication who are highachieving, highly dynamic and innovative with proven target driven orientation to fill the under-listed positions in the IVTEC. Brief descriptions for the roles being advertised at this time are provided below.
- For all the positions advertised, the place of employment will be at the IVTEC campus in Ajase-Ipo, Kwara State, Nigeria.
About the Role
- The College Counsel reports to the Rector; he/she advises and provides legal guidance to the college on a variety of issues faced by an institution of higher education, including but not limited to litigation, employment law, disputes, transactions, procurement and contract matters.
- The college counsel is key in ensuring that activities within the college are in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
Key Performance Areas
- Research, develop, amend, evaluate and advise on college policies and procedures.
- Review, advise and provide legal guidance on various college documents and initiatives.
- Research, interpret and advice regarding state and federal laws pertaining to legal matters affecting the college.
- Provide Legal guidance/advice on various issues such as corporate regulatory compliance, privacy, anti-trust and competition laws, advertising/promotional matters, corporate governance, fiduciary duty and ethics
- Preparation of memoranda and correspondences
- Handle student disciplinary proceedings, and other administrative and judicial proceedings.
- Review, edit, negotiate, and draft license agreements pertaining to technology transfer.
- Review, edit, negotiate, and draft MOUs and agreements pertaining to partnerships/collaborations with industry, business and/or educational entities.
- Ensure that college activities are consistent with federal, state, local and contractual compliance obligations.
- Appeals in federal and state courts; handle mediation and conflict of interest/ethics matters.
- Participate in developing legal infrastructure including form contracts.
- Assist management in structuring deals to advance institutional interests.
- Safeguard the college’s interests in academic freedom and intellectual property.
- Update the details of the college at the Corporate Affairs Commission and other regulatory bodies when necessary.
- Perform necessary legal research and legal counsel and guidance on a wide variety of legal issues, laws, policies and other regulations.
- Research and prepare responses to complaints and/or lawsuits filed with state and federal agencies against the college.
- Work with external solicitors on cases involving IVTEC.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Law (LL.M.) or its equivalent from a reputable university.
- Call to Nigerian Bar (BL) Certification. Other Qualifications
- Possession of 5 years’ post call cognate work experience in Corporate Law of a structured organization (preferably a higher institution).
- Candidates with experience in a Local or International NGO may have an added advantage.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of legal matters and issues including; labor and employment, contract review and preparation.
- Proficiency in legal research and writing and documentation.
- Proven ability in critical thinking, and oral and written communication. Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle litigation matters.
- Ability to understand the numerous challenges and opportunities which occur within the Higher Education environment and, as a result, exercise independent and prudent judgment in decisions which will protect college interests.
- Ability to function calmly and effectively during times of “crisis” and in stressful situations is essential.
- Ability to work independently and productively as a part of a legal and administrative team.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills including time management.
Years in Career:
- A Legal practitioner with 7-10 years’ experience.
Job Title: College Librarian
Location: Ajase-Ipo, Kwara
Reporting To: Management
Years in Career: 3
About the Role
- The College Librarian is the Chief Library Officer of the college and reports to the College Rector.
- He/she oversees the administration of the College Library and the coordination of the Library Services of the International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College(IVTEC).
- He/she will provide all students with an enriched library environment containing a wide variety and range of materials that will invite intellectual growth, and to aid students in acquiring the skills needed to take full advantage of library resources.
Key Performance Areas
- The College Librarian is responsible for formulation and implementation of Library policy.
- Contacts and liaises with academic departments for book requirements.
- Supports the mission of the college and contributes to achieving the learning outcomes of the college.
- Collaborates with senior staff and academic departments to provide a rich learning environment and appropriate resources to encourage student engagement in all aspects of inquiry, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Preparation of Library Budget and submit to the Finance Manager for approval.
- Give professional advice to the Rector and other members of the senior staff on Library matters.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the College Library.
- Track and assess library services and library resources usage, analyse data to improve resources and services and inform innovation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Technology, Library Science or related field. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Registered membership with The Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) will be a stand-out advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an equivalent position in a higher institution (preferably a Vocational and Technical College).
- High computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and data base software.
- Ability to take initiatives to fast-track the development of a College Library to a standard of international repute.
- Evidence of thorough understanding of the application of new technologies to library operations and services.
- Capability to initiate research and be knowledgeable in the application of Computer to Library operations and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals within and outside Nigeria.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in scholarly communication, pedagogy, and librarianship such as copyright, plagiarism, intellectual freedom, technology, and evidence-based improvement.
- Ability to work successfully within a collaborative and collegial environment and to nurture this ability in others.
- Ability to exhibit interpretive and reasoning skills and also be able to instruct.
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission of a Vocational and Technical College.
- An understanding of how the library contributes to learning in a TVET college.
- Ability to provide collaborative leadership in planning, implementation and evidence-based improvement of library services, programs, and technology.
- Demonstrated administrative and management experience in library settings, including advocacy, budgeting, collection development, resource sharing, and personnel supervisory experience.
- Personal integrity that fosters respect for all members of a diverse academic community.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, planning, and coordination skills Self-motivated, flexible, patient, and solutions-oriented.
- Able to set own priorities, work effectively under pressure, and meet frequently occurring deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical traits required are: ability to have repetitive hand motions; ability to adjust eye to bring an object into focus; judge distance (close and distant); distinguish colours and have visual acuity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below by email to:
- Letter of interest.
- Updated CVs.
- Provide three (3) references familiar with your professional background. (Name, Tel. Number and Email add.).
Application Deadline 18th January, 2018.