Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for The International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment for Finance Assistant.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s emergency response team, with local partner CISCOPE (civil society coalition for poverty eradication), implemented a project to support livelihoods and improve WASH in Kogi state from February to May 2013. This was followed by 3-month nutrition and food security program in the same location from October 2013 to January 2014. IRC has been supporting programs in Adamawa state early 2014 and expanded into Maiduguri in late 2015. The headquarters for IRC Nigeria is in Abuja city and provide support for the field office from the head office.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Talent Officer
Requisition ID: req7533
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- Under the direct supervision of the Senior Talent Acquisition Officer, the Talent Acquisition Officer serves as part of focal point for the coordination of recruitment related activities as well as provision of recruitment support to ensure effective and efficient execution of processes, projects and activities.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Senior Talent Acquisition Officer
Support the Talent Acquisition Officer in achieving the core objectives to:
- Ensure strategic management, development and recruitment of national staff in line with mission human resources requirements for programs and support positions.
- Provide comprehensive support function to the HR team for adhoc tasks and future organizational projects.
- Support the management team with all administrative tasks related to both national and international staff recruitment.
- Provide professional support to hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process, from offer to start as well as ensuring appropriate resources are deployed to achieve the mission’s values and principles.
- Ensure national staff benefits, data and information administration are carried out effectively, in close coordination with supervisors/managers and administrators at all bases to ensure smooth delivery of internal services to employees.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to organize tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and ensure tasks are completed by deadline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Willing to adhere to and carry out the IRC rules.
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Able to cope with basic living conditions during field trip
- Degree in Human Resource Management / Business Administration and relevant field required
- Master’s degrees in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage
- Society of Human Resource Management Certified professional (SHRM- CP) or relevant body desirous
- Not less than 12 months work experience in Human Resources, Recruitment and Talent Management.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of national staff.
- Participate in the coordination of all aspects of recruitment and selection process including; scheduling interviews and tests with candidates, provide feedback as appropriate and conduct reference checks.
- Support the long listing of applicants.
- Work in accordance with agreed timescales to reduce time to hire figures and retain the best candidates.
- Draft offer letters and employment contracts and all other employee-related letters for all national employees including collection and maintenance of new starters’ documents.
- Maintenance of recruitment data such job descriptions, interview grids, reference checks tests.
- Ensure consistency in the filing system of Abuja and Base HR Documents.
- Collate, maintain and provide recruitment reports as agreed with the Senior Talent Acquisition Officer
- Assist in ensuring the mission’s recruitment and selection policy guidelines are followed.
- Maintain and update the mission’s recruitment and employment offer contract tracker.
- Prepare recruitment materials and documents as required.
- Pro-active search for IRC based hard to fill roles and support business development.
- Support the Senior Talent Acquisition Officer to ensure the maintenance of IRC recruitment module and all candidates receive timely communication and feedback.
- Participate in ensuring job description is in line with mission staffing requirements.
Participate in HR related projects aimed at developing and implementing new HR tools and strategies:
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Research and recommend new sources for attracting and screening active candidate.
- Recommend industry best practices to the Senior Talent Acquisition Officer providing current and accurate market trend information.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale and source new candidates’ leads.
- Ensure consistency in the application of the human resources policies across IRC humanitarian programmes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability