Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitments. The application deadline is 7th August 2020.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian institution/organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. It based in Geneva, Switzerland, and a three-time Nobel Prize Laureate. State parties (signatories) to the four Geneva Conventions of 1949 and their Additional Protocols of 1977 (Protocol I, Protocol II) and 2005 have given the ICRC a mandate to protect victims of international and internal armed conflicts. Such victims include war wounded, prisoners, refugees, civilians, and other non-combatants.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Assistant & Information Management Officer
Job ID: ABJ201900108
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the supervision of the Head of Sub delegation, the Assistant & IM Officer provides administrative support to Maiduguri Management and is responsible for information management in Maiduguri.
- S/he acts as a reference person for written protocols, correspondence and standard tools.
- S/he also provides Information Management support to Damaturu Sub-delegation.
- Independently manages appointments and organizes internal and external meetings and events.
- Assists the management in managing contacts, schedules, calendars, appointments, meetings and other management tools.
- Screens, prioritizes, dispatches and follows up on requests, calls and correspondence; has an overview of the MIU sub-delegation’s activities and takes into account its priorities and challenges when making decisions.
- Drafts, reviews, compiles, edits and finalizes correspondence, presentations, decision-making documents, meeting minutes and other documents; ensures information is shared among other users
- Manages and coordinates the flow of information, ensuring that staff understand it and apply the appropriate institutional policies and procedures; sets and revises information-management and communication procedures in the sub-delegation.
- Implements manage and monitor projects and programmes related to the Information Strategy; briefs and trains users.
- Manages and monitors the use of collaborative spaces and databases in MIU and DAT, including access, and updates
- information in the reference tools; acts as a reference person.
- Ensures staff are briefed and/or trained on information management, written protocols and correspondence, rules on signatures and the protection, use and storage of office supplies, records management, archiving, and information-
- management tools; ensures that staff comply with related rules and procedures.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in any relevant field
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar function
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of Hausa
- Very good knowledge and at ease with standard computer tools and information systems
- Desired profile and skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Very good analysis skills
- Interest and skills for training of users
- Ability to handle sensitive information with all required confidentiality
- Rigor and good organization in daily work
- Sense of responsibility and capacity to fix and respect priorities
- Ability to cope with stress
- Flexibility and availability
- Aptitude for applying and ensuring compliance with ICRC directives and procedures.
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV, Cover Letter and details of three referees to [email protected] Clearly indicate “ABJ201900108 Assistant & IM Officer MIU” as the subject of their application.
Job Title: Logistics Site Manager 1
- Under the supervision of the Head of Sub Delegation and Deputy Logistics Country Manager, the Logistics Site Manager 1 is in charge of logistics activities within the Port Harcourt Sub-delegation (SD).
- S/he ensures that logistics systems are in place and operational and provides technical and operational support for purchasing, warehousing, stock management, import-export activities and statistics, in accordance with the ICRC’s logistics standards.
- Is responsible for implementing logistics procedures on-site in accordance with financial procedures and the logistics strategy for the country.
- Maintains and ensures proper use of general and specialized logistics IT tools.
- Oversees and coordinates statistical reporting, queries and inventories.
- Manages supply-chain requests and ensures they are treated in a timely fashion; supervises customer desk service and carries out related reporting
- Ensures that purchasing is carried out in accordance with ICRC standards, is auditable and fully transparent and is carried out into the satisfaction of the requesting department.
- Plans and oversees procurement activities (purchase orders, supplier files, sourcing, etc.).
- Supervises the work of the purchaser incl. drafting and filing of ICRC PO or Purchase Contract for the selected supplier, market assessment, etc.
- Oversees fleet management, transport and distribution activities.
- Supervises the Car dispatcher and Mechanic. Ensures replacement mechanism during their absences.
- Ensures Maximum fleet efficiency and effectiveness through planned resource allocation and maintenance with the fleet in Abuja.
- Supervises dispatch of ICRC goods with Car Pool and/or commercial transport companies.
- Sets up, operates and manages the rented warehouse and stock inventory.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelors or Technical Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience, preferably in commercial, military or humanitarian logistics, including management experience.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent computer proficiency.
Desired Profile and Skills
Skilled in the following competencies:
- Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy;
- Honest & Trustworthy
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures
- Needs flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department.
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV, Cover Letter and details of three referees to [email protected] Clearly indicate “ABJ201900137 Radio Operator POH” as the subject of their application.
Important Information and Notice
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
Application Deadline: 7th August 2020.