Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Inter-community Development Social Organization (IDS) Recruitment for Case Workers. The Application deadline is 11th March, 2019.
Inter-community Development Social Organization (IDS), is a national, not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 2004 by Peace loving and law-abiding women and youth and incorporated with the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT/No.60576). IDS is granted Special Consultative Status by the United Nations (UN) Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) in 2013
With Operation Office in Maiduguri, Borno State Capital. IDS commence humanitarian interventions in northeast Nigeria in 2015 with activities focusing on Agriculture and Livelihoods, Education in Emergency (EiE), Child Protection/Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Peace-building (preventing and countering of violence extremism (P/CVE)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Workers
Location: Damboa, Borno
Duration: 3 months
- This position is responsible for ensuring proper and quality implementation of the Case management component of the.
- The Case Management Assistant is a high level and sensitive position that will be responsible for supporting beneficiaries in the course of project implementation.
- The Case Management Assistant is expected to assist case management officer in producing plans to facilitate project implementation such as track keeping plans as well as progress report.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Conduct referral and protection mapping.
- Lead the formation and initial training of foster parents.
- Ensure meetings and activities hold monthly.
- Ensure all documentation, reports, and records are maintained per agreed procedure, and information is provided on community activities as required.
- Daily supervision of the Back to school campaign case workers.
- Ensure that case workers are trained on registration of the beneficiaries.
- Ensure the quality of the inter-agency case management tools.
- Must adhere to the organization policies and reporting standards.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports.
- Facilitate mentoring and coaching of case workers on various topics, as outlined in the implementation plan.
- Maintain documentation and Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS) at the community/state office level.
- Work with the IDS Field Manager to ensure that all financial activities conducted in camps are properly documented in line with Donor procedures and organization policies.
- Ensure all cases are case managed with confidentiality clause adhered to.
- Coordinate case conference meetings.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/HND or Diploma in Social Work, Sociology, Counseling Psychology or related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 1 years’ experience in case management and child protection programs.
Job Requirements and Competency:
- Ability to work as part of a team; build and manage professional work relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Knowledge of risk assessments; counseling skills, child abuse standards, child welfare legislation and regulations.
- Ability to work as an integral member of a team and work with little or no supervision as may be required.
- Ability to follow direction and work effectively under pressure.
- Good planning, organisation, problem-solving, decision-making and liaison skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other resource persons and facility.
- Ability to withstand stressful situations that may arise as a result of challenging work environment.
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve complaints
- Proficiency in using Micro-soft office package.
- Knowledge of sexual and gender-based violence/domestic violence and sexual assault/abuse issues and solutions.
- Understanding of challenges facing Internally Displaced Persons in the region
- Experience working with young people, preferably most vulnerable (experience working with Internally Displaced children will be a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Knowledge of theories of human behavior and ability to apply in assessment and planning.
- Confident, Attention to details, Independent judgment, Self-starter, Reliable, Team-player, Friendly, Flexible, Disciplined and Adaptable.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter with a detailed resume as one document in MS Word or PDF to: email@example.com indicating Position being applied for as subject of the application e.g. Case Worker.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- All applicants will be subject to IDS Safeguarding Policy and reference checking process.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted
Application Deadline 24th September, 2019.