Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Infostrategy Technology Limited Recruitment for Accountant.
Infostrategy Technology Limited is an Information, Communication and Software Technology firm incorporated in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. We operate with a burning passion to transform the technological terrain of Africa by delivering value to clients through innovative and effective leverage of cutting-edge technology solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Department: Finance and Accounts
Reports to: Team Lead
- The accountant will be responsible for performing accounting functions, capturing income, generating financial report, budgeting, filing, taxation and other accounting related issues in the organization.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in overseeing the finance & accounts department to ensure timely delivery of monthly management report.
- Defining, implementing and monitoring effective financial data management systems.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly report and supervision of petty cash.
- Assist in ensuring that the finance & accounting tasks are completed accurately and according to the deadline schedule for the team.
- Assist in filing of the organization’s statutory returns.
- Coordinate the collation of all vouchers and post accordingly in the accounting software.
- Computing and remitting the company’s TAX to the relevant tax authority.
- Monthly reconciling of all accounts with service providers.
- Assist in analyzing current financial performance relative to previous years and re-aligning the company’s financial decisions as needed.
- Review journal entries for appropriate supporting documentation, remarks, account and amount
- Prepare journal entries and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for accounts receivable activities; invoicing, statements, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of balance sheet work papers and ensure activity is appropriate
- Prepare and review of financial statements and expenses
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met
- Supervise the crediting of Vendors and processing of all transactions.
- Working closely with all departments to contribute in process improvement initiatives.
- Administer and monitor the daily financial systems of the organization.
- Filing and updating of accounting Systems
- Assist in the supervision of the account team and ensure the daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure all expenses are recorded and balanced daily.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- A first degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in finance and accounting.
- Proficiency in the use of QuickBooks.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting policies and Procedures
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous and attention to detail.
- Must be resident in Abuja.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple task.
- Knowledge of management accounting is essential.
- An Audit background is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and CV as a PDF File to [email protected] The subject of the mail should be the job title and location e.g. “Accountant – Abuja”.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 9th July 2020.