Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) Recruitment for Junior IT Infrastructure Analyst – Servers and Storage . The Application deadline is 16th April 2019.
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and an unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior IT Infrastructure Analyst – Servers and Storage
Reporting To: Senior IT Infrastructure Analyst
Job Type: Full time
- To serve as an IT expert participating in a variety of analytical and technical assignments that include Implementation, administration, support and maintenance of a variety of hardware, software, and network products in an information technology infrastructure environment.
- This role is split between providing daily operational support for existing infrastructure and Project based work leading to the development and deployment of new infrastructure services.
- The ideal candidate should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
- His/her primary goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades
- Document and improve current IT infrastructure, processes and procedures
- Implementation, support, monitoring and maintenance of infrastructure software platforms, including but not limited to server operating systems, messaging and database services, reporting platforms, terminal services, VPN, and all other software based systems which provide infrastructure underpinning IT Services.
- Develop operational, installation, configuration and upgrade documentation for communication systems, hardware, security, storage, software and other computer related systems.
- Assist in carrying out any duties as requested by the IT Management.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Perform software product installation, configuration management, maintenance, testing and documentation of VMware and Microsoft related products
- Ensure highest level of availability, reliability and performance for virtualization platforms and associated products.
- Ensure all Servers hardware and software are fully operational and take corrective action where necessary
- Administer, configure and manage web servers (IIS, apache, tomcat, jboss)
- Administer MS Exchange mail servers
- Maintain and administer domain controllers with MS Active Directory services
- Monitor, identify, and resolve production capacity, contention, and resource deficiencies
- Support the annual IT Audits in the delivery of required data and procedures to ensure compliance with established corporate general controls and information security policy.
- Install system patches and updates
- Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory & group policy
- Microsoft and other industry certifications would be considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge of Storage Management and Technologies. Hands-on experience with EMC Storage would be an asset
- First degree, M.Tech./B.Sc. in Information Technology or Computer Science or any other related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in hands-on System Administration role with a reputable organization
- Experience with Cloud and Virtual Technologies e.g. VMware
- Extensive experience in Windows, Unix and Linux Administration
- Knowledge of load balancing and clustering
- Ability to write Windows scripts.
- Backup Administration & Disaster Recovery (Hands-on knowledge of Networker and/or Veeam is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of configuration, management and maintenance of Windows Server 2012/2016
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013/2016
- Business Focus
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline 16th April 2019.