Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitment for Nutrition in Detention Field Officer. The application deadline is 4th Febraury 2019.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian institution/organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. It based in Geneva, Switzerland, and a three-time Nobel Prize Laureate. State parties (signatories) to the four Geneva Conventions of 1949 and their Additional Protocols of 1977 (Protocol I, Protocol II) and 2005 have given the ICRC a mandate to protect victims of international and internal armed conflicts. Such victims include war wounded, prisoners, refugees, civilians, and other non-combatants.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Nutrition in Detention Field Officer
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
- Supports the Detention Nutritionist in the analysis, definition, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the nutrition in detention program
- Liaises and builds networks with the NPS authorities, the MoH and other actors involved in food and nutrition in prisons in order to facilitate communication and on coordination of activities that are aimed at ensuring more efficient access to food in detention
- Contribute in the assessment, analysis and monitoring of the food chain in prisons including budget and procurement, food supply/production, food storage, food transformation/preparation, food distribution and food consumption.
- Supports the Nutritionist in Detention in the implementation of procedures and tools for an adequate food and nutrition system in different places of detention (ie. Recommended diet, food procurement, food storage, food preparation, cooking and handling instruction, treatment and management of adult malnutrition);
- Upon request, prepares and conducts field trips independently according to the plan of activities set by nutritionist in detention Delegate
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Nurse, Nutritional Science or Public Health, or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in detention, nutrition or health field
- Advanced ability to converse in English and other Nigerian’s local languages
- Knowledge of prison authorities or other stakeholders, potential network of interlocutors
- Expert level in computer skills
- Skilled in the following competencies: Networking & Communication; Adapting & Learning; Responsibility & Autonomy; Communication (ability to express views and ideas); Analysis & Synthesis
- Creative and proactive attitude
- Professional appearance
- Open-minded and non-judgemental
- Willingness to travel all over Nigeria and internationally when required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and contact details of three referees to: Please clearly indicate Job Title/Location as the subject of your application.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Application Deadline: 4th February, 2019.