Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitment for ICT Specialist 1.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian institution/organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. It based in Geneva, Switzerland, and a three-time Nobel Prize Laureate. State parties (signatories) to the four Geneva Conventions of 1949 and their Additional Protocols of 1977 (Protocol I, Protocol II) and 2005 have given the ICRC a mandate to protect victims of international and internal armed conflicts. Such victims include war wounded, prisoners, refugees, civilians, and other non-combatants.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: ICT Specialist 1
- Offers 1st and 2nd level service desk support to users in Abuja and other ICRC offices in Nigeria
- Installs, updates and maintains ICT and Telecom infrastructure of all ICRC offices in Nigeria.
- Manages ICT stock and inventory database
- Ensures that global/country-level policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Briefs, advises and trains end-users on the ICRC’s ICT systems.
- Drafts and updates technical documentation for all IT equipment.
- Carries out the duties of ICT Specialist 2 when s/he is absent.
- Installs, updates and maintains ICT and Telecom setup of all ICRC offices in Nigeria.
- ICT Inventory Attribution and Management
- ICT Services, System and Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent higher education degree in ICT domain (Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer science or similar field). Post Graduate or Master’s Degree is an asset.
- 2-3 years of experience in IT, electronics or similar position.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning; Planning, Organization & Assessment; Communication (Ability to express views and ideas); Analysis & Synthesis
- Understanding of telecom especially VHF, HF and satellite.
- Creative and proactive attitude.
- Professional appearance
- Open-minded and non-judgemental
- Willingness to travel all over Nigeria and internationally when required
- Service Oriented
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and contact details of three referees to: Please clearly indicate Job Title/Location as the subject of your application.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.