Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic Recruitment for Librarian. The application deadline is 26th February, 2019.
Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic (HAFEDPOLY) is located in Kazaure Jigawa State, Nigeria. It was created in December 1991 as Jigawa State Polytechnic, with four colleges in different locations. These were the College of Engineering, Science and Technology at Kazaure, the College of Business and Management Studies at Dutse, the College of Islamic and Legal Studies at Ringim and the College of Agriculture at Hadejia. .
Job Title: Librarian
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer responsible to the Rector for the day to day running of the Polytechnic Library and for formulating overall library policies.
- Applicant should hold a good honours Degree in Library and Information not lower than 2nd Class Lower and a Master’s Degree in Library Information Science from a recognised University. A Ph.D. Degree will be an added advantage, evidence of current membership of Library Professional Bodies and registration with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) with sufficient evidence of continual scholarship and contribution to knowledge.
- He/She must have publications in reputable peer reviewed outlets, both within and outside the country.
- He/She should he proficient in ICT packages have put in minimum of 15 years post Degree qualification with cognate work experience preferably in the Polytechnic sector, ten (10) of which must be at the Library Management position.
- He/She should not be more than 59 years of age at the time of application.
Tenure of Appointment
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a period of five years in the first instance and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance for another period of five (5) years and no more.
Conditions of Service
- The conditions of service for the post are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in the Country. In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic.
The Salary package was similar to the approved package by National Salaries Incomes and wages Commission for Polytechnic Librarian of the Federal Polytechnic.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and twenty- five (25) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full name
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area (LGA)
- Marital Status
- No. and ages of children
- Permanent home address
- Contact address
- Valid E-mail address and Phone Number(s)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates (certified copies attached)
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts
- Vision for the Polytechnic in the next five (5) years with particular reference to relevant materials requisition for, and management of Polytechnic Library (not more than 500 words)
- Name and Address of three (3) referees (Applicant should request the referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar via the below address “Marked Referees report for the post of Librarian”.
Applicants should indicate on the top left side of envelope: Application for the Position of Librarian’ and all applications should be forwarded to:
Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure,
P.M.B. 5004, Kazaure,
Note: That no application would be entertained after the closing date and only -shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Application Deadline: 26th February, 2019.