Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Hugo Technologies Recruitment for Operations Supervisor. The Application deadline is 31st October 2019.
Hugo Technologies is a team of operations experts using the power of technology to build responsive, detail-oriented support teams across sub-Saharan Africa. Our mission is to empower millennials in Africa to compete and thrive in the growing gig economy, by professionalizing them and bringing meaningful work opportunities to the continent.
Headquartered in NYC and Lagos, Hugo is carving out a place in the future of work ecosystem for young Africans, a group that has traditionally been excluded.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
- As the ‘Operations Supervisor you’ll be in charge of Talent + Performance, you will be responsible for the elevating the overall caliber (execution output, professionalism + growth) of your campus and its members. This will involve focusing specifically on upskilling and monitoring your people, continuously forcing them to a higher standard of performance.
- Beyond the people, this role is an analytical and systems building role. It will require the implementation and utilizing of performance data as a cornerstone strategy, as well as the creation of new systems that continue to drive improvement in the outcomes for clients.
- In short, you will be the CEO of your captive universe, inclusive of hiring, firing, strategy, systems, execution, and success.
- Systematically coach and train Team Captains (formal modules and as a going concern), both in soft and technical skills, with the expectation that they will coach their subordinates in the same methods.
- Continuously improve upon the work, recreational and continuous growth environments necessary for Hugo’s mission to be realized “home away from home”, “the best place to work in Nigeria”, and above all, “a place of growth + learning”.
- Work with all of the Client Success Managers who manage accounts that are executed out of your campus to continuously understand frustrations, challenges, and opportunities from the Client perspective.
- Work with the centralized Learning Team to design relevant and effective learning modules that can be implemented across Hugo.
- Do this all alongside your ‘CoManager in Charge of Recruiting + Administration’.
- Responsible for the overall performance (work output) of your campus.
- Jointly responsible for the overall happiness of your campus community, its values, culture and overall direction against the backdrop of Hugo’s mission.
- Responsible for the introduction and diffusion of a datadriven, performance culture within your campus
- I.e., your campus members must learn to instinctively quantify and measure everything, even as you devise strategies for how such data will be used to improve the quality of outcomes, and performance of your community.
- Create, review and revise KPIs, and systems for targets setting on your campus, how each member is measured against these.
- Deep understanding of key performance indicators and how to think quantitatively about the impact of your decisions.
- This is an opportunity to join a team where you’re set up for success and play an integral role in helping us embrace hypergrowth mode!
- Degree from a top, global university.
- 2+ years of experience in bulge bracket management consulting, investment banking, or a top-flight global startup.
- Work experience or a keen interest in working in a frontier market.
- You are able to multitask, prioritize + execute in a fast-paced, dynamic and often demanding environment.
- You are an assertive but empathetic communicator.
- You a strong strategic thinker, interested in working as part of team to achieve lofty ambitions.
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- PreMBA looking for a differentiated experience for 12 years prior to applying to a top business school.
- An individual who is clear what great, global standard work looks like and you can design processes to help others execute at a global level.
- You are comfortable leading young people from different backgrounds and at different points of their professional development.
- You are analytical, quantitative and data-oriented, who enjoys the challenge of new systems design.
- Believes in KPIs, goal setting and measuring performance quantitatively.
- You have a bias towards action and you’re extremely results oriented.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 31st October 2019.