Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for HRLeverage Recruitment for Head of Transport.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Transport
Job Location: Abuja
- Reporting to temporarily to the Technical Manager, the Head of Transport will be responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the Hospital. This includes managing budgets, organizing schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that Transport Officers are aware of their duties.
- Ensuring that transport officers carry out a complete a mechanical checklist prior to each shift to ensure the official vehicle or ambulance is in working order and ready to transport patients or staff to and from required locations, and report any mechanical issues to appropriate service personnel.
- Ensure official vehicle ambulance is clean and stocked properly with first aid and medical supplies prior to each shift and between patient transports throughout the day
- Assign patient and staff transport assignments daily and drive ambulance with any necessary medical personnel to patient location
- Monitor the trip sheets or log books as required by employer to record all vehicle movements.
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Ensuring that transport officer pick up clients or patients from the place and at the time they’ve requested.
- Monitor all vehicle maintenance activities and provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annual reports.
- Tracking of fuel efficiency of official vehicles and provision of fuel consumption reports.
- Maintaining official vehicle documents and renewals
- Ensuring that all the transport officers comply to the Hospitals policies.
- Routine inspection of official vehicles
- Conducting appraisals of transport officers.
- Any other duty assigned by management.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3-5 years proven work experience as a Head of Transport
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Problem-solving abilities
- Valid driving licence
- Ability to drive would be an added advantage
- Good Team Player
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Computer knowledge is mandatory
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.