Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified international students for Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program 2019 to study at the University of Guelph, Canada.
The Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance (formerly OMAFRA-UofG Agreement) funds the Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Program to support the development of highly skilled graduates who can meet the changing demands of the agri-food and rural sector.
Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program
HQP scholarships are awarded to support future generations of researchers, policy-makers and innovators in agri-food.
The OMAFRA-U of G Partnership is committed to reaping social, economic, environmental and public health benefits through its programs. Through the Partnership, HQP scholarships are awarded to support future generations of researchers, policy-makers and innovators in agri-food.
Masters and PhD students complete research that meets OMAFRA’s research priorities and learn firsthand how forward-thinking research can be mobilized to have a positive impact on society.
The program provides $2.5 million over five years for graduate scholarships in OMAFRA-U of G research theme and priority areas, and has provided specialized agri-business and workplace experience for over 125 graduates to-date.
Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program Eligibility
To be eligible for the HQP Scholarship Program you must:
- be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or studying under an international visa;
- have an A- (80%) average or better
- be entering your first semester of either a Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph or be in semesters one, two, or three of your graduate studies with research related to the agri-food or rural sectors;
- not be an OMAFRA employee;
- not concurrently hold other major awards such as NSERC, OGS, SSHRC or CIHR.
Value of Award: Annual: $20,000 (M.Sc.) or $25,000 (PhD.); Total: $40,000 (M.Sc.) or $75,000 (PhD.)
Duration of Program: In-course applicants are eligible for up to three semesters (1 year) of M.Sc. funding or six semesters (2 years) for PhD.
How to Apply for Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program
- Students apply on-line using the web-based Research Management System
- The two-part application form is completed by the student and their faculty advisor.
- The faculty advisor must be confirmed at the time of application.
- Have an RMS account? Access the login page for RMS to start an application
- Need an RMS account? Visit our RMS registration page to get a user name and password
- More program information on the HQP website
For more information, visit Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program.
Application Deadline: 20th March, 2019 – 5:00pm