Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Specialist Hospital Recruitment for Medical Records Officer.
Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Records Officer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensuring that patients’ information is handled with utmost confidentiality
- Register patients on the EMR
- Making sure that healthcare providers are kept abreast of patient’s medical conditions and outcomes as may be required from time to time
- Overseeing the collation of medical reports of the hospital per month in a manner that is consistent with the requirement of regulatory bodies
- Following up on everyone concerned in the documentation of monthly health reports and ensuring that such reports are filed with the Lagos state government as at when due
- Making sure that elaborate medical records are available to Havana’s HMOs at all times.
- Managing the scheduling of visit for patients’ consultation
- Managing processes and records relating to the update of patient information
- Managing the generation, preservation and retrieval of medical records whenever they are needed
- Managing of referrals for patients
- Ensuring the collection and gathering of paper medical records from other departments of the hospital for proper record keeping and consolidating them with the digital records where necessary e.g. Theatre that generates paper consent forms, x-ray unit that generates film, lab that gets reports from external diagnostic centers, billing unit that generates medical reports for HMOs etc.
- Archive patients’ records/information
Qualifications and Experience
- Work experience: at least 3 years experience in an administrative role in a reputable medical institution
- Education requirements: a minimum of B.Sc / HND in Health Information Management, Business Administration or related field
- Effective control of sensitive documents which include biodata forms, case notes, medical reports, medical investigation results etc.
Skills and Competence:
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed to responsibilities while adhering to ethical principles and remaining sensitive to diversity
- Excellent problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Good leadership / management skill
- Be of integrity, and discrete in handling information
- Excellent in MS Office and EMR usage
- Good overall use of computer, understanding of the hardware, ability to use printers, photocopiers and scanners to process documents
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV and Cover Letter to: using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 28th February, 2020.