Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Growth in Value Alliance Recruitment for Application Developer (.Net). The Application deadline is 17th June 2019.
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Developer (.Net)
- The application developer role is a technology-focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the group. This role is best suited to candidates with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based solutions with technologies like JAVA, .NET and related technologies and also strong in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server development, SQL and Oracle Databases. The candidate needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career. He must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details. Must have an understanding of agile methodology, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements.
- 4 years of relevant object-oriented application building experience in a professional environment
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET.
- 3+ year’s delivery experience with Java.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012).
- Extensive experience in the use of Oracle Database.
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc…) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Mobile and web service development experience
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)
- The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem solving skills to resolve:
- The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
- Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
- Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
- Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required.
People Management and Development:
- The successful will also be required to possess the following:
- The ability to work well within a team and as part of a larger overall technology team
- They should display strong collaborative characteristics
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S/B.A), Computer Science, Computer or Electronic Engineering or similar disciplines.
- 2 – 5 years delivery experience with Java or .NET technologies
- Extensive experience with Oracle database.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected], [email protected], , and using “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 17th June 2019.