Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified students from Developing Countries for the 2019/2020 Government of Poland Postgraduate Scholarships.
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland and Minister of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland announces recruitment to the Ignacy Lukasiewicz scholarship programme (2019/2020 edition)
Government of Poland Postgraduate Scholarships
Supporting the socio-economic growth of developing countries by raising the educational status and professional qualifications of their citizens constitutes the main aim of the Łukasiewicz Scholarship Programme.
The Programme offers foreigners an opportunity to pursue second-degree studies in the full-time mode in Polish in the field of engineering and technical, agricultural, applied and life sciences at higher education institutions subordinate to the Minister of Science and Higher Education, receiving a monthly scholarship from NAWA to cover the living allowance in the statutory period of education in Poland.
In the case of public HEIs, the Programme also offers an exemption from education fees.
Ignacy Lukasiewicz, the Programme’s patron was an eminent Polish inventor, pharmacist, pioneer of the oil industry and the creator of the kerosene lamp.
Government of Poland Postgraduate Scholarships Eligibility
The Scholarship will be offered to the citizens of the above-mentioned countries who:
- did not apply for Polish citizenship;
- do not have a permanent residence permit on the territory of the Republic of Poland and have not applied for a permanent residence permit;
- obtained a first-degree diploma in their country of origin not earlier than in 2016 or, at the time of submitting their application to the Programme, are in their last year of first-degree studies in engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences as well as exact and natural sciences;
- have not previously obtained a diploma certifying graduation from master’s degree studies (second-degree studies or uniform master’s degree studies). If the country of origin does not have a generally recognised two-stage system of study, candidates who hold a master’s
degree or equivalent degree obtained not earlier than 2016 and candidates who are students in their final year of such studies in engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences as well as exact and natural sciences shall be admissible;
- are not second-degree studies students at the time of applying for the Programme. Persons authorised to submit an application under the Programme include students of seconddegree studies in Poland in the field of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences as well as exact and natural sciences and meet the following criteria:
- they have been recommended by the provost of a higher education institution as worthy of receiving NAWA scholarship and have achieved very good results in their academic pursuits (grade average over the course of studies until now at 4.75 or higher) or
- are finalists of international student contests in a given field;
- have at least B2-level English language skills.
Their linguistic competence has to be certified with a document indicated in point 2.5 of
Selection: Candidates are selected on the basis of a competitive procedure, based on the quality assessment of applications carried out by reviewers of the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange who are academics working in higher education institutions.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries (Angola, Ethiopia, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Colombia, Lebanon, Mexico, Myanmar, Nigeria, Palestine, Peru, Republic of South Africa, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda,Vietnam.).
Value of Program
- The NAWA scholarship is paid once a month through the higher education institution.
- The scholarship rate is PLN 1500 per month for second cycle programme students and for participants of the preparatory course for learning in Poland.
- During the course of education, beneficiaries shall also receive:
- in the first year of studies, the first monthly scholarship is increased by PLN 500 to cover the costs of starting out in Poland.
- in the last year of studies, the last monthly scholarship is increased by PLN 500 to cover the costs of the thesis.
- In the event of a documented unforeseen circumstance, the NAWA Director may, at the written request of the Scholarship Holder, increase the monthly scholarship paid out to him/her by PLN 500 on account of such an unforeseen circumstance
Duration of Program: 12 months
How to Apply for Government of Poland Postgraduate Scholarships
Candidates who are interested in the Government of Poland Postgraduate Scholarships are to to the programme.
For more information, visit the .
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019 3 pm Central European Time (Warsaw local time)