Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified African students for the 2019/2020 Government of Mauritius Scholarships. The Government of Mauritius Scholarships is for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for March and April 2019 intake.
As part of its commitment to promote capacity-building at high level across the continent, the Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria below
Government of Mauritius Scholarships Eligibility
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application;
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and,
- for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 45 years by the closing date of application
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year starting in 2019;
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Qualification entry requirements
- Candidates should have successfully completed end of secondary school to be eligible and should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated below: : (i) 24 points at GCE A – Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR (ii) at least an overall average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR (iii) criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS test results with a minimum score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or an appropriate proof of English Language proficiency.
- Candidates who are already holders of an undergraduate degree will NOT be eligible under this scholarship scheme.
- Self-financing candidates already studying in Mauritius in will NOT be eligible under this Scholarship scheme.
Value of Scholarship
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
Duration of Scholarship
- Undergraduate Diploma Three (3) years
- Undergraduate Degree Four (4) years
- Master’s Two (2) years
- PhD Three (3) years
How to Apply for the Government of Mauritius Scholarships
It is important to go through the Scholarship Webpage for application instructions before applying.
March 2019 Intake
- Electronic application to be submitted: 18th February 2019
- Hard copies to be submitted: 25th February 2019
August 2019 Intake
- Electronic application to be submitted: 15th April 2019
- Hard copies to be submitted: 29th April 2019
For more information, visit the Government of Mauritius Scholarships.