Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Google Nigeria Recruitment for Directors. Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple and Facebook. Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Directors – Platform Partnerships, Android and Play
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- Android is the first platform most people in Africa will use when they first access the internet and come online. The Android team at Google has built that reality in partnership with a global network of companies and individuals to form the Android ecosystem.
- The Android Platform Partnerships team at Google manages that ecosystem. We help partners realize the mutual benefit from making, distributing and connecting Android-based products for users throughout the world. Central to this is the Android platform itself, providing open source software for free to anyone.
- As a Director of Platform Partnerships for the Android and Play business for Africa, you’re a leader who can see multiple steps ahead and identify market and industry trends. You’ll work to define strategic goals for the African region and secure confidence to those from your team and key leads at Google.
- In this role, you’ll manage a team of Business Development executives who are responsible for leading and managing Android-related distribution and business agreements for Google services with manufacturers, mobile networks, electronics retailers, and other entities participating in the creation and distribution of Android devices and services.
- You will utilize your skills to work autonomously to create a vision for the team and the region, work collaboratively with Product, Engineering, Legal, and other teams to grow Android and Google business partnerships in the region. You will also influence Google’s wider strategy in Africa as a member of internal cross-functional leadership groups.
- Lead a team of Android Business Development executives to manage and execute distribution agreements for Google services on Android devices.
- Find and manage innovative initiatives, collaborating with Product Leads on mobile innovations and partnering with the mobile industry to make smartphones more affordable and accessible for Africans.
- Identify and prioritize strategic partnerships; become an expert on the region, business partners’ landscape and their business model, and define the team’s strategic priorities.
- Provide executive assistance to team members in key internal and external business meetings.
- Develop relationships with third-parties, working directly with some partners and through “one-to-many” models to reach large partner ecosystems.
- Experience working in the African mobile industry across mobile devices, mobile operator, and/or related start-ups.
- Experience in working in a multinational environment in a matrixed organization.
- Experience in a people management role.
- Experience leading partnerships teams across the mobile industry.
- Analytical, with effective communication, and presentation skills, and the ability to operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment.
- Effective mediator with a partnership approach; ability to represent a company in agreement discussions and structure terms to achieve ongoing partner alignment.
- Experience managing and growing a distributed, high-performing team, and building followership toward a vision.
- Ability to serve as an advocate for the region and the team internally and work collaboratively with peers and cross-functionally to identify opportunities or resolve issues.
- Ability to manage complex operational and strategic initiatives; defining the vision and strategy, to driving and executing a plan.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Johannesburg, South Africa.