Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Global Marine Services Limited Recruitment for Fire Safety Technician. The Application deadline is 31st January, 2019..
Global Marine Services Limited was incorporated in 2008 and provides risk and cost reduction services for the high-value maritime and offshore domains. Their main focus is to develop services that improve safety and efficiency for navigation and offshore operations across the global maritime industry.
Job Title: Fire Safety Technician
- Perform fire protection system inspection, testing, repair and service call activity.
- Needs include fire alarms, sprinklers, extinguishers, emergency lighting, etc. Knowledge of NFPA standards and procedures required.
- The Fire Protection Technician will work as a part of fire life and safety team on a larger Facility Maintenance team. Abilities to complete work on time, work as part of a team, communicate with manager, and follow-up with customer are critical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Test and inspect facility fire safety systems as part of preventive maintenance program
- Test, inspect, troubleshoot, and repair facility fire safety systems on as-needed basis
- Complete documentation and forms and submit to manager
- Interact with customers in professional manner; follow-up communication with customer is critical
- Other duties as assigned
- HND or Engineering Degree required; vocational or industry trade school is a plus.
- 2-3 years related work experience. Working knowledge of the operational characteristics of fire safety systems required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of NFPA codes and practices, and relevant certifications required.
- Must own passport and be willing to travel for training. (Preference to those who have actually traveled abroad previously).
- We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
Application Deadline 31st January, 2019.