Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Medical Adviser Recruitment at German Leprosy and TB Relief Association. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
About German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA)
German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA) is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian, international non-governmental organisation founded in 1957. It has its headquarters in Wuerzburg, Germany.
We are recruiting a suitably qualified and experienced person, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Adviser
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to State Teams in medical and managerial aspects of Leprosy, Tuberculosis (TB) and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) control in accordance with National guidelines
- Participate in operational research, related to Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control
- Participate in organization of training at the central level and support training carried out at sub- national level
- Participate in preparation of quarterly, Bi-annual and annual progress reports
- Participate in preparation of annual plan of action and budget of Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control Programme
- Participate in formulation of policies, regulation and technical guidelines related to Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of the Leprosy, TB and NTDs activities/Programme
- Participate in proposal writing in response to external calls for expression of interest
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Medical Coordinator or the Country Representative.
Qualification & Experience
- University Degree in Medicine
- Postgraduate Degree in Public Health or equivalent
- Proven competence in modem training skills and/or ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship
- Good knowledge of strategies for prevention, treatment and care of HIV/AIDS
- 5 years of practical experience in planning, implementing monitoring and evaluating disease prevention and control activities.
- Excellent knowledge of the strategies for prevention and control of Leprosy, TB, NTDs or communicable diseases
- Good knowledge and ability to use computer software for word processing, spreadsheets and basic epidemiological/statistical analysis
- Demonstrated abilities for teamwork.
Additional Desirable Experience:
- Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral organizations in the country
- The post requires extensive travelling for held-work
- Female candidates and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to Apply for the German Leprosy and TB Relief Association Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s to: email@example.com
- Interviews will hold at the end of January
- If you have applied previously for this post, you need not apply again
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and test
Application Deadline: 7th January, 2018.