Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for GBC Professional Services Recruitment for Accountant.
GBC Professional Services was established in 1992 and has continued to provide qualitative value added services to its diverse, ever growing clientele in different sectors of the economy. The firm is endowed with highly competent and experienced professionals with a wide exposure to all aspects of accounting, financial management and general business administration..
Job Title: Accountant
Job type: Full-time
Accountable to: Proprietress and Administrator
- This is an established school that requires an accountant with school accounting experience who residences around the Lekki – Ajah axis.
- The Accountant will work with the Proprietress and Administrator by ensuring that resources are used effectively to support the school’s vision and objectives.
Budgeting and monitoring:
- Assist in preparing annual budgets which support the school’s developmental aims.
- Monitor all financial transactions and ensure best practice
- Identify and inform the Proprietress and Administrator of the causes of any significant variance and recommend prompt corrective action
- Propose revisions to the budget in response to significant or unforeseen developments
- Prepare monthly management accounts and other updates as agreed with the Proprietress and Administrator to enable them to fulfil their responsibilities
- Maintain and manage the MIS and accounting system
- Check the financial aspects of work carried out by school staff including organising the collection of cash and banking; oversight of financial record keeping; oversight of orders; receipts and invoices for trips, sales of sports kit, school meals and any other parental payments; regularly updating the inventory; and school hiring arrangements.
- Checking that financial transactions are correctly recorded and in accordance with regulations
- Ensure receipts for fees are evidenced in the bank account
- Maintaining oversight of the school’s bank account(s) and cash flow and ensuring monthly reconciliations are carried out
- Preparing and posting the monthly payroll journal based on information received
- Prepare and submit monthly Pension Returns
- Prepare and remit monthly PAYE.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 18th January, 2019.