Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for First Bank of Nigeria Recruitment for Head, IT Application Solution.
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
Job Title: Head, IT Application Solution
Ref ID: 1800002N
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Job: FBN GEN. Job Family
Organization: Technology and Services
Job Type: Full-time
- Oversee the successful completion of all work assigned to the unit
- Manage expectations of the unit’s internal and external customers
- Oversee the design of technical solution including high level( entity – relationship, data flow) to low level(field structures, database schemas) design
- Direct the development of technical design that will support the development, execution and operations of the service.
- Provide strategic guidance to the development of service acceptance criteria. Propose performance levels for new service. Review and verify service requirements with users .Agree and document service acceptance criteria
- Oversee the creation of the service development plan. Review and agree with users
- Supervise the build, configuration or customization of the technical solution (technical code components and services)
- Manage automation and monitor application integration as code iteratively goes through assembly and product test
- Supervise the execution of unit testing / quality reviews through the build phase to ensure that the solution meets the agreed functional specifications
- Clearly communicate goals, organizational philosophies, and policies and procedures to the unit members
- Support BREAM in resource planning and skills management for the application solutions unit
- Manage the implementation and support of the organization’s application systems
- Direct efforts to work with BREAM to define business solutions, ensuring alignment with business strategies and priorities, as well as the target benefits expected
- Supervise the translation of change initiatives or business/user requirements into application systems delivery
- Track application systems developments through suppliers/other external sources
- Provide key inputs on application systems in the formulation of the IT strategy
- Manage hand-over/transfer of IS solutions to operational status
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to reports
- Serve as a member of the IT Programmes and Architecture governance Committee
- Identify systems improvement opportunities by analyzing best practices, technology trends
- Serve as a member of the IT Services and Supplier Relationship Committee.
- Minimum of a first degree or its equivalent in a IT related discipline
- Masters, MBA or a recognized professional certification will be an added advantage
- 12+ years of experience in designing, developing and delivering solutions
- 10+ years of management experience with 4+ years spent in senior management role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should to apply.