Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for FHI 360 Recruitment for Director of Medical & Community Services.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Director of Medical & Community Services
Job Type: Full Time
- The Director of Medical & Community Services will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the service delivery (clinical and community) components of the program.
- He/she will lead the implementation of the program design to ensure quality service delivery consistent with the national and international standards and guidelines.
- S/he will be the technical lead in program implementation.
- S/he will lead in the use of program data for program improvement and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt.
- S/he will support all the technical program staff and will manage any clinical and community related issues in the program.
- Lead technical design, oversight, and monitoring of activities for HIV prevention, care and treatment activities.
- Provide technical leadership in the area of demand creation to maximize HIV testing and counselling and creating linkages.
- Responsible for leading community engagement (leaders, youth, households, and males) to expand knowledge on HIV testing.
- Responsible for strengthening community and facility -based health delivery structures to optimize ART eligibility and retention in care and treatment.
- Contribute detailed and accurate technical deliverables and reports to fulfill USAID reporting requirements.
- Supervise a team and contribute to implementation of annual program work and plans.
- A Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health or a related discipline.
- Eight years of experience designing and implementing Public Health programs especially HIV/AIDS, TB and Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) in developing countries. In-depth technical knowledge and experience in all components of HIV/AIDS program including Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support, PMTCT HIV/TB, OVCs as well as cross-cutting areas such as Health Systems Strengthening (HSS).
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
- Significant experience in relevant program management or technical advisory roles in complex health projects in Nigeria.
- Expertise in HIV care and treatment activities.
- Knowledge of community-level challenges impacting care and treatment delivery. Previous experience working with community based care givers and community support groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge about gender and development, and demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing programs that mainstream gender.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategies that employ evidence-based approaches to meet project targets, especially under rigorous timelines.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, and international staff.
- Proven leadership, inter-personal and cross-cultural skills, and ability to build and motivate diverse teams.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should .
Note: This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.