Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi (FUAM) Recruitment for Laboratory. The Application deadline is 25th April 2019.
The University of Agriculture in Makurdi is a higher education institution in Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria. The university was established in 1988, following the recommendations of a 1987 federal government White Paper on Higher Education curriculum and development in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Manager
Location: Makurdi, Benue
Laboratory Manager will contribute to the activities of the project titled “Genetic improvement of cowpea for Striga/Alectra resistance using molecular tools in Nigeria under the direct supervision of the Project Leader. He/she will:
- Contribute to genomic resource development for cowpea breeding for biotic stresses.
- Contribute to DNA sequencing, bioinformatics, and statistical analysis
- Supervise undergraduate, and postgraduate students working in the lab.
- Assist the Project Leader in implementing key activities of the project.
- The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Plant Genetics, or Cell Biology
- Isolation and Gel analysis of DNA from plant and animal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Data management and reporting of lab activities.
- Experience (at least 2 years) in conducting molecular activities.
- Knowledge of Marker-assisted Breeding
- Spectrophotometric analysis
- Electrophoresis and DNA ANALYSIS
- DNA Extraction
- The job position is for a period of two years renewable subject to availability of funds.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications which must include the following below:
- A Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the position applied for;
- Curriculum vitae,
- Names and Addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicants current or previous organization or applicants direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
All applications should be addressed and sent to:
The Federal University of Agriculture,
P.M.B. 2373, Makurdi,
Application Deadline 25th April 2019.