Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Farmcrowdy Recruitment for UI/UX Developer. The application deadline is 22th January, 2019.
Farmcrowdy is Nigeria’s First Digital Agriculture Platform that empowers rural farmers by providing them with improved seeds, farm inputs, training on modern farming techniques and provides a market for the sale of their farm produce. This gives the farmers the capacity to farm more acres and by extension leads to increased food production and security in Africa.
Since launching in 2016, Farmcrowdy has empowered over 7,000 small scale-farmers across Nigeria. We are committed to expanding our reach in order to continue to empower local farmers, positively impact their lives and their families while boosting food production and sustainability in Nigeria.
Job Title: UI/UX Developer
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Work on Farmcrowdy’s user experiences such as the website, blog, etc.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders
- Develop new user-facing features
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Explore how user experiences span different user types, contexts, situations and devices.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- A relevant degree from any Engineering or Science field. Experience in a related role would be helpful.
Skills & Abilities
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Can work on large-scale/complex front-end projects
- Can empathize with the many different types of users who use the Farmcrowdy product
- Can think through product requirements to come up with ways of quickly solving problems
- Cares deeply about performance, accessibility, and application design
- Can communicate what you’re working on to non-technical stakeholders
- Has graphic design ability and are familiar with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Familiar with building user interfaces with tools like ES6, Vue.js, Angular.js
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit Website www.farmcrowdy.com. to apply.