Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for European Union (EU) Recruitment for Office Support Agents. The Application deadline is 15th October 2019.
The European Union (EU) is a major player in the international development community in Nigeria with an active presence in the key sectors of health, nutrition, water and sanitation and improving access to sustainable electricity. Additional cross-cutting activities include the fight against corruption, drugs and organized crime, support to the reform of the justice system, measures to increase the role democratic processes and supporting a greater role for civil society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Support Agents
- The Delegation of the EU to Nigeria is considering the recruitment of an Office Support Agent. The successful candidate will provide secretarial support to members of staff working in the Trade and Economics Section.
- The Trade & Economics Section of the European Union Delegation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and ECOWAS is seeking to fill the vacancy of an Office Support Agent.
- The section is responsible for monitoring trade and economic development between the European Union and Nigeria, including the coordination of meetings between EU Members’ States and the EU Delegation on trade and economic issues.
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the responsibilities include the following:
- To provide secretarial support to members of staff working in the Trade and Economics Section, and in particular act as the Secretary of the Head of Section (organising and providing logistic support for meetings, drafting letters of appreciation/ regrets.
- To perform in an effective, efficient and timely manner the clerical tasks which he/she is requested to take care of in order to contribute to the efficient functioning of the Trade and Economics Section and of the EU Delegation
Functions and duties
- To coordinate appointments and diaries of members of the Trade and Economics Section.
- Close contact and cooperation with Administration section in order to facilitate related requests (such as business cards)
- Assist in establishing and updating of the Europe Day guests list in so far as the operations section is concerned. Establish and update of an exhaustive database for the section contacts (names, addresses, telephone, fax, mobile, sector, institution, etc.
- Keep abreast about developments related to the section portfolio and main issues concerning the Section.
- When required, undertake other assignments that may be requested in view of the efficient functioning of the Delegation.
- Organization and preparation of meetings; arranging appointments, responding and placing telephone calls. Organise and manage contacts list and databases, collect information, review local press. Draft letters and notes, transcribe, prepare and finalize notes, compose and type routine correspondence. Receive, register and follow-up of incoming mail, correspondence, outgoing mail.
- File and up keep of the filing system and archives of the Section, work hand in hand with other Sections and provide support to external missions from Headquarters, other Delegations or other European institutions. Organize, in close coordination with other Sections, missions for Delegation staff: travel and accommodation arrangements, appointments and missions’ expense claims.
- When required, organize dinners, receptions and other events, including coordination of representation costs and ensure the regular update of the Section’s budget. Also, ensure smooth document and information management through ARES or any equivalent IT tool, and prepare physical files and signatories as necessary.
- Education and Training: Upper secondary education in a relevant field. Thorough knowledge of secretarial and clerical tasks will be considered an asset.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 year in performing above mentioned tasks, previous experience in a diplomatic mission or international organization will be considered an asset.
Knowledge IT tools:
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office and good control of Excel
- Ability to handle statistical data will be an asset.
Skills and talents:
- Self- motivated, proactive, ability to work in a multicultural environment, both in team and/or alone , respect for the deadlines, ability to deal with stressing situations and to work under tight deadlines, performing well under pressure.
- Fluent in spoken and written English (C1 level). Knowledge of French will be an asset.
The gross basic salary will be raised in accordance with relevant salary scale depending on years of relevant professional experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications by email to the attention of “Head of Administration” via: email@example.com
Applications should consist of:
- A cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position (1 page), application should clearly state the title of the job number on the subject “e-DEL-HRM 54329; SYSPER2 208209”
- A completed EU Model CV, see link: EU Model CV for Local Agents (MS WOrd)
- Microsoft Office document iconEU Model CV for Local Agents
- A Curriculum Vita (2 pages maximum)
Note: Applications received after the deadline stated above or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2019.