Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Ekiti State University (EKSU) Recruitment for Professor. The Application deadline is 16th May 2019.
Ekiti State University Ado Ekiti, (EKSU) was established as Obafemi Awolowo University, Ado-Ekiti on 30 March 1982 by the administration of late Chief Michael Adekunle Ajasin, the first civilian governor of Ondo State. The university is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. It is located about 12 minutes drive from the center of the city of Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State in Western Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Professor (CONUASS 07)
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti
We are recruiting Professors in the following Departments:
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Medical Biochemistry
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Department of Paediatrics
- Department of Anaesthesia
- Department of Pharmacology
- Departments of Chemical Pathology
- Departments of Medical Microbiology
- Departments of Haematology
- Department of Nursing.
Qualification and Experience
- Computer literacy is an important requirement
- For Nursing: Aside from qualifications prescribed for Professorship, candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division. Registered as a Nurse/Midwife/Public Health with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. Masters Degree in Nursing Science, Doctor of Philosophy or Doctor of Nursing Science.
- In addition, candidates for the position will be required to pioneer Department and nurture it to maturity in the shortest position time, have the capacity to provide academic and managerial leadership to colleagues and be able to attract research grants.
- Candidates in the Basic Medical Sciences must possess Ph.D. from a recognized institution
- Possession of a registrable Medical Degree will be an advantage
- Candidates for Professorship in the Basic Medical Sciences must demonstrate evidence of teaching in a University or an institution of similar standing for at least 12 years and must have contributed to knowledge in the form of scholarly publications in reputable journals
- For Clinical Departments, candidates must possess Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African Postgraduate Medical College or similar College Overseas. A Ph.D Degree will be an additional advantage
- Candidates for Professor must demonstrate evidence of teaching in a University or an institution of similar standing for at feast 9 years and must have contributed to knowledge in the form of scholarly publications in reputable journals
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years as a Reader/Associate Professor
Conditions of Service
- As contained in the Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti conditions of Service Governing Staff appointments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Applications (15 copies) which should include candidate’s CV as follows:
- Post being sought
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Contact Address
- Telephone Number
- State/Local Gov’t. Area
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Addresses of three Referees who should be requested to forward their References to the Registrar, University of Ado-Ekiti. P.M.B Ekiti, Nigeria
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including granting institutions and dates)
- Current Position
- Previous Posts with dates
- Details of Publications (to include authors, the title of articles or books, journal name, volume no, pages and dates of publication)
- A short statement of current research activities
- Date of availability for duties if appointed.
Applications and supporting documents should be forwarded to:
Ekiti State University,
P.M.B 5363, Ado-Ekiti,
Application Deadline 16th May 2019.