Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for eHealth Africa Recruitment for Radiographer.
eHealth Africa’s mission is to build stronger health systems through the design & implementation of data-driven solutions that respond to local needs and provide underserved communities with tools to lead healthier lives.
Job Title: Radiographer
Department: eHA Clinic
Employment Type: Full-Time National Employee
- The Radiographer will Perform all diagnostic medical radiographic imaging procedures which are offered by the department in accordance with department protocols.
- Performs all procedures following exam protocols on neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Optimize computer images to enhance diagnostic information for Radiologists interpretation.
- Provides direct patient-centered care that ensures the highest quality and well-being of each patient.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team to promote clinical excellence, demonstrating the commitment to the mission, vision, and values of EHA Clinics.
- Delivers services according to the scope of service for Diagnostic Imaging and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Adheres to and practices the EHA Clinics Corporate Compliance Program.
The Radiographer will support eHA’s clinic predominantly by:
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing basic radiographic services for the patient population served. Such tasks include, but are not limited to anatomical position, proper breathing instruction, and compliance with procedure protocols.
- Operate various radiology equipment in a safe, prescribed manner to ensure quality, cost-efficient, complete results with minimal discomfort to the patient.
- Examine finished diagnostic radiographs and CT images for quality and completeness.
- Take appropriate precautions to minimize radiation exposure to patients and staff by using good positioning, exposure, and shielding habits.
- Identify, interview, and screen patients. Provide information regarding procedure, order verification, patient identification, and pre/post assessment.
- Orient radiographic students and other new department employees.
- Maintain designated department records.
- Maintain equipment and supplies and notify supervisor or Radiology Engineer of equipment malfunction.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Maintaining Quality Assurance of the radiology equipment and completion of Quality Control logs.
- Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all discrepancies appropriately.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
- New models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties and you may be requested to perform any other duties deemed reasonable by your line managers.
- The Radiographer must have a license to practice medicine from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and should be a licensed Radiographer certified by the West African College of Surgeons or the National Postgraduate Medical College.
- B.Sc in Radiography and must be an expert in ultrasound and X-ray.
- Must show evidence of competence in the management of radiology cases and evidence of active participation in relevant research.
- The Radiographer must have a working knowledge of global quality assurance, clinical audit principles and processes and must exhibit a commitment towards continuous quality improvement.
- The Radiographer have a minimum of 3 years cognate experience.
- The Radiographer should be willing to train other staff in radiology along with other training programs available in the hospital.
- Be able to demonstrate industry knowledge and experience of providing excellent care and service.
- Encouraging to medical team and patients; ability to mentor and lead
- Able to perform CPR or additional emergency procedures if needed
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with a wide variety of patients, medical staff, and caregivers
- Strong computer skills, including Google Office Suite and other medical software.
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns.
- The EHA Clinic work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The EHA Clinic operation policy does not deprive employees from their fundamental human right.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, sits; walk; stand; bend; The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop or knee sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should to apply.