Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for eHealth Africa Recruitment for Dietitian.
eHealth Africa’s mission is to build stronger health systems through the design & implementation of data-driven solutions that respond to local needs and provide underserved communities with tools to lead healthier lives.
Job Title: Dietitian
Department: eHA Clinic
- As a dietitian, s/he will translate scientific information about nutrition into practical advice to help people make health-conscious decisions about food.
- S/he will assess, diagnose and treat diet-related problems and aim to raise awareness of the link between food and health to prevent future problems.
- Dietitians are a key part of the healthcare team and are the only nutrition professionals to be statutorily regulated.
- S/he will work as a consultant in EHA Clinics.
The Dietician will support eHA’s wellness clinic predominantly by:
- Assess patients’ and clients’ health needs and diet
- Counsel patients on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits
- Develop meal plans, taking both cost and clients’ preferences into account
- Evaluate the effects of meal plans and change the plans as needed
- Promote better nutrition by speaking to groups about diet, nutrition, and the relationship between good eating habits and preventing or managing specific diseases
- Keep up with the latest nutritional science research
- Write reports to document patient progress
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Consult with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of patient or client.
- Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards.
- Coordinate recipe development and standardization and develop new menus for independent food service operations.
- Record all assessments and interventions, write reports and case notes and maintain accurate records
- Dietitians and nutritionists will provide customized information for specific individuals. For example, a dietitian or nutritionist might be required to demonstrate to clients with high blood pressure how to use less salt when preparing meals. Others work with groups of people who have similar needs. For example, a dietitian or nutritionist might plan a diet with limited fat and sugar to help patients lose weight. They work with other healthcare professionals to coordinate patient care.
- Dietitians and nutritionists will meet with patients as they may work as consultants for EHA Clinics. They may need to spend time on marketing and other business-related tasks, such as scheduling appointments and preparing informational materials for clients.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
- Possessing a Degree B.Sc./HND in Nutrition and Dietetics and must have completed one year National Service (NYSC) or duly exempted.
- 2 to 5 years relevant work experience on a similar role preferably in the Health sector
- Membership of the Dietitians Association of Nigeria (DAN) would be an added advantage
- Excellent customers service skills Outstanding communication, interpersonal and people management skills with a wide variety of patients, medical staff, and caregivers
- Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft office packages Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Encouraging to medical team and patients; ability to mentor and lead
- Strong computer skills, including Google Office Suite and other medical software.
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.