Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified female students from Developing countries for the 2019/2020 Durham University Hatfield Lioness Scholarship to study in the UK.
The Hatfield Lioness Scholarship enables a female student from a developing country to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham.
Durham University Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims
Eligible Field of Study: All except MBA
Type: Taught Master’s
Durham University Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by the end of June 2019.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies.
- hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course ; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
Applicants must be a national of one of the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Dem. Rep
- Congo, Rep.
- Côte d’Ivoire
- El Salvador
- Gambia, The
- São Tomé and Principe
- Korea, Dem. People’s Rep.
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Yemen, Rep.
Value of Award
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 12 monthly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
Duration of Programme: One academic year
- The Scholarship does not provide funding for dependants, nor for travel during the Scholarship
- Accommodation is for the Scholarship holder only; dependants cannot be accommodated
How to Apply for Durham University Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
Stage 1: Submit an for your chosen master’s programme; within this application you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
Stage 2: Submit an application for the Scholarship on this
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
For more information, visit the .