Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro (DSPZ) Recruitment for Registrar.
The Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro was established by Law enacted on January 1, 2002 during the administration of His Excellency Chief James Onanefe Ibori. The Polytechnic was established along with two other polytechnics, at Ogwashi-Uku and Otefe-Oghara, and a College of Physical Education, Mosogar (now College of Education, Mosogar).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Job Location: Ozoro, Delta
- By virtue of the Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro Law (2002), the Registrar is a Principal Officer who shall be appointed by the Governing Council and shall be responsible to the Rector for the administration of the affairs of the Polytechnic.
- He shall by virtue of that Office be Secretary to the Council, Academic Board, Congregation and Convocation.
The Registrar must be:
- A person of proven integrity and high moral standard;
- Intellectually and professionally sound and knowledgeable in the rules and regulations of the Polytechnic system as well as in Public Service Rules;
- Loyal to the Chief Executive and the Council and assist effectively in the running of the affairs of the Polytechnic;
- A person with good leadership qualities who can inspire, motivate and mentor a crop of young administrative officers to be able to contribute their best towards the development of the Polytechnic;
- A person who enjoys excellent physical and mental health;
- Focused, innovative and a good team player;
- Computer literate.
- Interested candidates for the post should possess a good Bachelor’s Degree (minimum of Second Class, Lower Division) preferably in the Arts, Social Sciences or Humanities plus at least 18 years post qualification cognate experience or Master’s in the relevant discipline plus at least 16 years post qualification cognate experience or a Doctorate Degree in the relevant discipline with at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience respectively.
Membership of Professional Body and Community Service:
- Membership of a recognized and relevant professional body is mandatory and evidence of Community Service.
- The person applying for the post should not be more than fifty- five (55) years old at the point of appointment.
- Also, candidates that have put in thirty-one (31) years and above in service need not apply.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment and the Conditions of Service for Staff of the Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro as approved by the Council of the Institution and the State Government.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 25 Applications and be accompanied by 25 copies of candidates Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated. The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the following order:
- Name in full (surname first and in the capital);
- Place and date of birth;
- State of Origin and Nationality;
- Local Government of Origin;
- Marital Status; number and ages of children;
- Current postal/contact addresses (with phone numbers(s) and e-mail address);
- Permanent addresses;
- Institutions attended with dates;
- Educational qualifications with dates;
- Professional qualifications with dates;
- Membership of professional bodies;
- Distinctions and awards with dates;
- Statement of work experience including full details of former and present posts;
- Community service;
- Relevant academic conferences/workshops / courses attended with dates;
- Present employment status, salary, and employer;
- Extracurricular activities;
- Report of Medical Fitness (from a Government Hospital);
- Names and addresses of 3 referees.
All applications, supporting documents and Referees’ report must be submitted by hand under confidential cover, or through courier delivery to:
Delta State Polytechnic,
Ozoro – Delta State.
- The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications should be marked POST OF REGISTRAR at the top left-hand corner.
- Candidates are also to enclose their Vision and Mission Statement for the job of not more than 500 words.
- Each referee should be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the Rector, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked: Post Of The Registrar, Referees’ Report at the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
- Candidates should note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.