Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Development Finance Institution (DFI) Recruitment for Senior/Legal Counsel-Project Finance.
Development Finance Institution (DFI) or Development Bank is a financial institution that provides risk capital for economic development projects. They are often established by governments or charitable institutions to provide funds to projects that would otherwise not be able to get funds from commercial lenders. Some development banks include socially responsible investing and impact investing criteria into their mandates. Governments often use development banks to form part of their development aid.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior / Legal Counsel – Project Finance
- The principal objective of the Legal Department is to protect the interests of the Corporation and ensure that the Corporation’s activities and operations are consistent with its constitutive and other legal instruments and sound legal principles.
- This role will involve providing legal services in respect of the Corporation’s investment transactions, treasury transactions, administration, and other contracts.
Investments – Project Finance, Debt, Equity and Project Development:
- Review and ensure that Development Finance Institution (DFI), Environmental & Social Obligations and Sanctions provisions are reflected in all financings and that the relevant checklists are up to date;
- Ongoing monitoring and advising on legal issues arising from closed transactions from time to time.
- Deal with the legal aspects of facility agency and security agency roles relating to the Corporation’s transactions
- Deal with legal aspects of restructured and non-performing loans and assets
- Deal with the legal aspects of the Corporation’s investments and transactional matters, covering project finance, debt, equity, and project development transactions;
- Structure transactions in a manner that is consistent with the mandate, policies, and objectives of the Corporation and provide innovative and practical solutions to legal issues pertaining to the Corporation’s transactions and activities;
- Deal with the legal aspects of the credit approval process relating to transactions;
- Draft, review and negotiate term sheets, Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), mandate letters, project agreements, financing, and security agreements;
- Review conditions precedent and coordinate closing of the financing including the perfection of security based on local jurisdiction requirements;
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Advanced degree in Law
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years Post qualification experience with a legal or financial advisory firm or financial institution
- French/civil law qualification and/or experience desirable
- Candidates must have Project Finance, Equity and Project Development experience.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and provide practical legal advice;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team with professionals from other disciplines;
- High ethical standards, impeccable integrity and a deep sense of fairness;
- Strong organizing, work planning and scheduling skills, capable of handling large volumes of assignments accurately and thoroughly while balancing several agendas.
- In-depth knowledge and appreciation of project finance, debt, equity and borrowing transactions;
- Ability to conduct due diligence relating to financial transactions, i.e. project finance, structured finance and corporate finance;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the global legal framework (corporate and commercial law);
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various legal policies, issues and solutions;
- Excellent written, drafting and oral communication skills;
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply.