Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Deloitte Recruitment for Off-Grid Local Capital Support Analyst. The Application deadline is 23rd January 2019.
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
Job Title: Off-Grid Local Capital Support Analyst
Requisition code: NG161307
Direct Report: Off-Grid Local Capital Consultant
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reforms within Nigeria’s power sector.
- Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access.
- Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Off-Grid Local Capital Support Analyst(s) will support Deloitte Nigeria by identifying potential local investors for off-grid projects and facilitating the reduction in transaction time and transaction costs for the facilitation of private sector financing for off-grid projects.
The Consultant shall, under the direction of the Off-Grid Local Capital Consultant, use his/her education, experience, knowledge of international best practices, and additional understanding gleaned from the background and objective specified in sections A and B above to accomplish the following:
- Identify a list of potential local investors including but not limited to equity, debt, grants from conventional, strategic and impact investors
- Enumerate the synergies with investors’ existing businesses
- Assess structures for investment by domestic capital providers (direct project investment, holdcos, funds etc.), including international funding sources
- Prepare an approach note for unlocking local investor capital
- Contribute to the preparation of transaction materials for presentation to potential investors on the opportunities for investment in the off-grid sector in Nigeria, with a focus on potential domestic financiers, DFIs etc.
- Support the Off-Grid Local Capital Consultant as and when directed by them on tasks enumerated under their scope.
- Three (3) months contractor role with Deloitte Nigeria with a start date of February 1, 2019.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
How You Will Grow
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Knowledge/Skills Required for the Position:
- Experience with capital markets/banking sector in Nigeria
- Experience in fund management, fundraising, and/or corporate finance activities
- Experience working with government departments in emerging market environments
- Effective communication skills and ability to coordinate between various stakeholders, including government departments and private sector organizations, DFIs, local commercial banks, etc.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of second class upper/upper credit
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should to apply.