Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Deloitte Recruitment for Off-Grid Local Capital Consultant. The Application deadline is 23rd January 2019.
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
Job Title: Off-Grid Local Capital Consultant
Requisition code: NG161306
Direct Report: PMO/Results Management Lead
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reforms within Nigeria’s power sector.
- Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access.
- Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Off-Grid Local Capital Consultant(s) will support Deloitte Nigeria by identifying potential local investors for off-grid projects and facilitating the reduction in transaction time and transaction costs for the facilitation of private sector financing for off-grid projects.
The Consultant shall use his/her education, experience, knowledge of international best practices, and additional understanding gleaned from the background and objective specified in sections A and B above to accomplish the following:
- Incorporate financial inclusion and social impact strategies as part of the investment mechanisms
- Identify investment terms by each investor category, in line with the requirements of the various projects
- Identify existing process for due diligence by the investors and arrive at revised processes to minimize time and costs
- Identify and develop documentation requirements and process leading to draw down of funding, keeping in mind the objective of minimizing costs and timelines
- Identify a list of potential local investors including but not limited to equity, debt, grants from conventional, strategic and impact investors
- Enumerate the synergies with investors’ existing businesses
- Assess structures for investment by capital providers (direct project investment, holdcos, funds etc.), including funds provided by international sources such as DFIs
- Prepare an approach note for unlocking local investor capital
- Contribute to the preparation of transaction materials for presentation to potential investors on the opportunities for investment in the off-grid sector in Nigeria, with a focus on potential domestic financiers
- Assist in facilitating investor outreach and participation in investor road shows
- Three (3) months contractor role with Deloitte Nigeria with a start date of February 1, 2019
How You Will Grow
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Knowledge/Skills Required for the Position:
- Effective communication skills and ability to coordinate between various stakeholders, including government departments and private sector organizations, DFIs, local commercial banks, etc.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of second class upper/upper credit
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience.
- Experience with capital markets/banking sector in Nigeria
- Experience in fund management, fundraising, and/or corporate finance activities
- Experience working with government departments in emerging market environments
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should to apply.