Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2020. The programme deadline is 19th July 2020.
Dataville Research LLC is a consortium of global development professionals and public policy think-tank with head office in Abuja, Nigeria and field offices in Jos, Lagos, Maiduguri, Nairobi, Johannesburg and New Delhi. We work with a wide range of clients, including national governments, regional organizations, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations and philanthropies.
Title: Remote Graduate Internship in International Development
- International development is a popular career destination for many young people. Graduates can be found working in this field in a variety of international Non-Governmental Organisations (INGOs), international organisations, consultancies, think tanks and academic institutions.
- Our remote internship offers young graduates the opportunity to gain work experience. We share consultancy projects and participants are expected to possess maturity, character, initiative and self-reliance as well as problem-solving skills.
- Already about 90 million people, roughly half Nigeria’s population live in extreme poverty, according to estimates from the World Data Lab’s Poverty Clock. In June 2018, Nigeria overtook India, a country with seven times its population as the world’s poverty capital. Also, the COVID-19 outbreak is forcing multiple relief and development organizations to limit travel and rethink operations.
- This calls for the training of a new generation of young development practitioners to fight extreme poverty through evidence-based research.
- This programme is delivered remotely across Nigeria. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply to this programme.
- A First Look at Global Development
- Data Sources in International Development
- How to Break into International Development
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Research Methodology for Development
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Developing RFPs
- ICT for Development
- Data Science for Social Good
- Artificial Intelligence for International Development
- Future of Development Aid
- Term Paper
- Mobile Data Collection
- Exploring Opportunities in the Development Sector
- Project Management in International Development
- Template Development
- Communication for Development
- Baseline, Midterm and Endline Survey
- GIS Mapping for Development Projects
- Programme Implementation
- Volunteers and entry-level professionals in the humanitarian and development sector from developing and developed countries.
- Young graduates wanting to break into the international development sector.
- Individuals with a technical background interested in improving their knowledge and skills.
- Individuals with no technical background interested in exploring careers in global development.
- Postgraduate students from the Global South.
- Gain extensive knowledge of global development delivered by experienced practitioners.
- Become proficient in development research techniques from a practical point of view.
- Gain edge over a significant number of fully-funded scholarships offered by universities, foreign governments and international organizations that support development-related studies.
- Receive the IDR authorized certificate of graduate internship endorsed by the Society of International Development Washington, DC Chapter.
- Confirms mastery of skillset and industry principles and best practices.
- Boost your career confidence and expand your professional network.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 19th July 2020.