Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Cisco Systems Inc. Recruitment for Fresh Graduate Consulting Engineer.
Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate headquartered in San Jose, California, in the center of Silicon Valley, that develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, telecommunications equipment and other high-technology services and products..
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fresh Graduate Consulting Engineer
Job Id: 1285121
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Area of Interest: New Graduate
New: Program Start Date: September 2020
Training Location: Krakow, Poland for the first 6 months
Location after training: Lagos, Nigeria
What You Will Do
- By joining the Customer Experience Delivery team you will become a trusted advisor to our customers.
- You will consult with them to build a solid, long-term relationship, providing thought leadership in solving their technology challenges and supporting them in achieving their business outcomes.
- On a day-to-day basis this involves working with them directly to review their technical business requirements in order to propose new technology designs that will meet their current and future needs.
- This will involve the provision of a range of IT consultancy services and the creation and presentation of project documentation incorporating elements design, implementation and testing in line with Cisco standards.
On an average day this means:
- Building and maintaining relationships with a variety of international customers
- Navigate customers through evolving technology and digital transformation
- Prepare customer’s business and technology infrastructure for emerging trends
- Solve technology and software problems that cross a broad range of technologies, help reduce risk and increase operational efficiency
- Opportunity for travel and face-to-face customer consulting as required
- Building a specialization in a specific technology, customer or market segment based on broad general training
- Propose and review data center, cloud, network, or security designs exceeding business specifications
- Install, configure, and integrate new solutions or applications of Cisco and Third-Party solutions
- Keeping an eye on the ever increasing security requirements and constantly evolving threat landscape
- Manage or optimize existing network or cloud infrastructure with redundancy and risk mitigation in mind.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- You are excited by the fascinating world of Cisco software, security or infrastructure solutions, and you love to see customers succeed.
- You have minimum a BS/BA from a 3-4 year technical program degree in Engineering, Cyber Security, Computer Sciences, Physics, or Mathematics preferred
- A strong communicator with the confidence to engage and talk to a wide range of people.
- View team collaboration as instrumental to achieving success.
- Enjoy looking at practical real life challenges and think creatively to solve them.
- Approach situations with an open and curious mind, taking on challenges with an eye for opportunity.
- You are able to live and work in Nigeria with no additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco
- You graduated from a bachelor’s or a master’s by March 2020
- You are fluent in English.
- A technology enthusiast, enjoying talking about innovation and always keeping up with the latest technology news.
- First 6 months (together with all associates from across EMEAR): full-time training, shadowing and job rotation in Krakow (Poland). Cisco will support you with the relocation to Poland and with obtaining a Visa / Work Permit when applicable. If you have no work experience, this will act as your transition from a university campus to work life.
- After 6 months: join the local CX team in Nigeria, assuming ownership and responsibility of regional CX deliverables and customer success, supported by ongoing mentorship and guidance to accelerate your continuous development. Shape solutions of real world challenges, closely mentored and integrated into our diverse team.
What We can Offer You
- Participate and thrive in the Cisco team culture, built on openness and transparency. You will spend the start of your career with Cisco in one of our training hubs (Krakow, Poland) where you will have the opportunity to connect and socialize with a large group of like-minded associates from all over Europe.
- Through world class training you will have the opportunity to become a leading expert in Software, Cloud, Mobility, Security, Collaboration or Data center.
- You will then move into your permanent role where you will be given real responsibility from day one.
- You will have the opportunity to combine your degree education with learnings from our advanced training environment to build creative solutions to real business challenges.
- We want you at the heart of the Cisco transformation to software, services, and solutions.
- We offer a fantastic work environment while you will receive a competitive salary and generous benefit; including ability to work remotely and lead a balanced lifestyle.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: