Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Christian Aid (CA) Recruitment for Finance Officer. The Application deadline is 8th March, 2019.
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender…
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Associate
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to (Job Title): Administrative Officer
Direct reports (Number or Not applicable): Cleaning staff
- To provide effective and efficient administrative support to enable the smooth functioning of the Maiduguri office.
- To ensure that procedures are followed, and standards are met.
- This role works within the Business Systems Unit and is key to driving effective systems and processes that enable the workgroup to meet its operational objectives.
- The role will be supporting the Humanitarian programme in the North East in the day to day administrative processes. The role will report to the Admininstrative officer.
- Management of office equipment/ office supplies – Regularly check the appropriate functioning of office equipment, (intercoms, photocopiers etc) make recommendations for repair or renewal and supervise maintenance of office equipment.
- Ensure stock levels of the store are adequate and ensure reconciliation of store data and reporting. Attend to staff requisitions for office consumable and other items such as tea items, stationaries, etc and ensure the security of the store. Arrange Prompt repairs of damaged office furniture and fixtures; Liaise with Administrative Officer and Procurement Committee to purchase replacements when necessary.
- Travel Logistics Management – Support staff and CA visitors to Maiduguri with travel logistics
- General Office Administration: Take responsibility for maintaining spare keys to all offices; act as custodian of the stationery and office supplies storage. Arrange meeting venues (chairs, tables, projectors, flip charts etc. are in place). Make minor purchases on behalf of the office. Support achievement of efficient office services. Take responsibility for basic maintenance of office facilities and premises including arranging replacement of dead bulbs and repairs of faulty lamps; mowing of lawns and escalating complaints as necessary to colleagues.
- Oversee cleaning services to ensure cleanliness, tidiness and ambience of office for productive work.
- Management of front desk and general reception area.
- Effective support on ad-hoc projects
- External: Liaise with external stakeholders.
- Internal: Liaising with internal stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to achieve role objectives and purpose.
- Working within the network of the Humanitarian programme, sharing knowledge and best practices across the organisation.
- Induction and basic supervision of volunteers enabling and supporting them to assist the workgroup in its functions.
- The ability to make day to day decisions to assist in the administration and smooth running of the workgroup.
- Ability to apply logical thinking and common sense to routine tasks and information, and testing solutions to day to day issues.
Developing self and others:
- Continuously look for opportunities for self-development. Give and receive honest and open feedback in a timely manner.
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise
- Degree in Social Sciences, Administration or Business
- Considerable relevant experience. Ability to manage a wide range of complicated issues.
- Pleasant and good-natured disposition with a ‘can do’ attitude /willingness to assist around the office
- Excellent nonverbal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills and ability to manage conflict/difficult situation
- High sense of responsibility/ reliable
- Sound knowledge of office programmes including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of relevant database systems.
- Proven experience of producing and analysing data accurately. Able to maintain confidentiality and use of discretion where appropriate
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a similar role in a formal /structured work setting
- Experience managing outsourced office staff.
IT competency required:
LEVEL 1: You are expected to be able to:
- Take on different work when necessary to achieve a team or organisational goal.
- Actively consult with others to ensure you understand their needs or goals.
- Listen to and take on board fresh perspectives and views even if you initially disagree with them.
- Maintain on-going relationships with individuals and contacts through networks, based on mutual rapport and respect.
- Make complex things simple for the benefit of others.
- Actively listen and question to check your understanding and draw out others when they are not expressing themselves clearly or seem to be holding back.
- Be sensitive to what others may be feeling, based on what they say, how they say it and their non-verbal behavior, adapting your style and approach to fit.
- Address difficult issues when they arise, being honest and open.
- Implement ways to reduce the inefficient use of resources or pass the ideas on to someone who can make them happen.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve your own work plans or objectives and to deliver them in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Set and communicate realistic timelines for achieving tasks, working out how best to adapt as priorities change or unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Prioritise, plan and monitor own work to meet own and team deliverables to agreed performance or quality standards.
- Acknowledge others’ priorities whilst being prepared to say “no” if there are genuine reasons why their needs cannot be met.
- Use logical processes and relevant tools and techniques to report on information or analyse options.
- Make timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available data, information and evidence.
- Evaluate your own work and actively address gaps in knowledge and skills, without prompting.
- Provide instruction, constructive feedback and guidance to others to help them learn.
- Recognise how you react to feedback and manage reactions positively, acting on specific feedback from others.
- Share your knowledge where it will help others to be more effective.
Strive for improvement:
- Constructively challenge existing practice.
- Seek better ways of doing things, taking into account the possible implications.
- Make positive suggestions on a way forward when faced with challenges even if these fall outside own scope of work.
- Look inside and outside Christian Aid for new ideas and evaluate them for own work.
Salary (full time)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Further details of specific tasks and duties will be agreed with the line manager as part of the performance agreement. Any reasonable duty may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- This role profile is not prescriptive; it merely outlines the key behaviours the role-holder requires to be successful in the role; the key behaviours and responsibilities are subject to change. Any changes will be made in consultation with the role-holder.
- You will be expected to abide by the Code of Conduct, policies and procedures within Christian Aid which may be updated from time to time.
- You must be in sympathy with the aims, beliefs and values of Christian Aid as it seeks to work on relief, development and advocacy for poverty eradication
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2020.
Interview Date 12th June, 2020.