Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) Recruitment for Programme Officer (Francophone). The application deadline is 7th February, 2019.
Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The Centre was founded to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in the West Africa sub region. As the foremost think tank on democratization and development in West Africa, CDD provides alternatives and best practices in support of democracy and good governance in the region. .
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Programme Officer (Francophone)
- This exciting and challenging position carries responsibilities for project development, management and implementation.
- Other responsibilities include: fundraising, networking, research support and policy analysis, monitoring and evaluation, events organising and conference coordination.
- Reporting to the Head of Programmes
- The suitable candidate will hold a post-graduate degree in the Social Sciences, Humanities, Law or related field, experience of working in post-conflict or transition environment
- Adaptability to new demands and changing circumstances, sound analytical and report writing skills, ability to translate strategic aims into practical plans, ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines as well as demonstrable experience of project management and multi-tasking.
- Strong inter-personal and communication qualities will be coupled with teamwork skills and the candidate will have a good understanding of democratisation, international development and human security issues in the West Africa.
- Fluency in both French and English is mandatory.
- Candidates must be from a Francophone country.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page Cover letter, a maximum 3 page resume and referees contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for. For example, Subject: Oguaghamba Chinedu Steve, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- No phone calls, please. CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 7th February, 2019.